Chapter 57

57. "Maggie...Maggie." I hear. I turn my head and see Jay's face right in front of mine "Hey." I say and sit up. I stretch my arms and legs and turn back to Jay "Have we landed yet?" I ask "We're about to." "So where are we?" "You really can't wait two minutes?" "No." "Well you're gonna have to." "Now arriving in San Diego. It's a perfect seventy degrees with a slight breeze." The announcement finishes "Why are we in San Diego?" "You'll see." He smiles. I stick out my tongue and he almost bites it. I stare at him shocked and he laughs at my expression. The plane jerks and I whack my forehead on the back of the seat in front of me "Owww..." I rub my head "Are you alright?" Jay asks "Fine." I sit back. The man in front of me turns around and gives me a mad face "Sorry." I give him a sympathetic expression. His eyes turn to slits and he flips me off. My mouth makes an "O" shape and he turns forward. I look at Jay and see him cracking up "That wasn't very nice." I say and he continues laughing. The wheels of the plane skid to a stop and we all unbuckle and unload "Come on let's go get a taxi." Jay pulls me towards the doors. We get out and quickly hail a cab. Jay gives the guy and address and the car starts down the road "Wait when did you find a hotel?" "The plane had wifi so I found one near the place we're going tomorrow." "Cool."he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me right against him "You know I love you?" he asks "Well obviously, we just hopped on a plane and now we're in San Diego." I gesture to outside the window "But I love you too." I add and peck his lips. Once we back away he puts his hand behind my neck and pulls me back to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and continue kissing him. Jay's hand's move to my lower back and pull me closer to him. The cab jolts to a stop sending Jay and I flying into the front seats. After recovering from the blow we climb out and go inside the hotel "Do you have a reservation?" the woman at the front desk asks "Yes. Jay McGuiness." "Yes. Room 136. Here is your room key." She says handing us the plastic card. Jay takes it and we head up the elevator. We get to the door and Jay unlocks it. He pulls me in after him and I shut the door with my foot as he pulls me to the bed. I flop down and he lays next to me "Do you want to go to sleep?" he whispers in my ear "Yeah." I murmur "Okay." He flips out the lights and spoons up behind me. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me against him "Love you." He kisses me lightly "Love you too." I kiss him back and drift back off to sleep.

My eyes lazily open and see Jay's sleeping face. I giggle at his slight snoring and his nose scrunches up as his snoring stops. I lay on my stomach and face him, so since he doesn't seem to be getting up anytime soon I get up and go into the living room. After I grab my bag I go and change in the bathroom. Once I finish changing I go back out to find Jay still sleeping. I glance at the clock and see it's noon. Since I always wake him up early I'll let him sleep for once. I flop down on the couch and bury my face in the pillow. Without my iPod I have no way to entertain myself so I roll my head from side to side on the arm of the chair. I roll off the couch and onto the carpet. After rolling over to the wall I stare at it trying to brainstorm something to do. I lie on my stomach facing the wall, balance my knees on my elbows and head, and hoist myself up so I'm doing a handstand against the wall. I back up so I'm flat against it and close my eyes "Oammm..." I mumble. In movies monks and people always do that and it makes them all calm and stuff."Oammm..." I say again but this time it comes out as a yawn. I open my eyes to try and stay awake. Another yawn escapes my mouth and my eyes close again...but only for about five seconds "Maggie?" a voice mumbles "What?" I ask as my eyes shoot open "What are you doing?" "I was trying to meditate before I was so rudely interrupted." "Sorry, I was just a bit confused when I saw you upside down against the wall." "Good point. Now the question is how do I get down from..." I start but am cut off by myself falling to the floor on my stomach "Owww..." I mumble rolling onto my stomach "Are you okay?" "Ehhh..." I stand up. Jay helps me up and I stumble to my feet. He pulls me into his arms and against his body "Come on, we should go we only have till seven." Jay runs into the bathroom and comes out a minute later fully clothed. He grabs my hand and pulls me out the door "What do you mean we only have till seven?" I ask as we get in the elevator "Co...what we're doing ends at seven." He catches himself "Okay." He pulls me against him and locks our lips "You're gonna love it." He whispers and I smile. The door opens and we run out and into a taxi. Once Jay gives him an address the cab speeds off. I look over and see Jay with a smile plastered on his face "What's up with you?" I ask and he just keeps smiling "This." He gestures out the window. I look out and see a hug sign reading "COMIC-CON 2012" "Oh. My. God. Comic Con?" I ask "So you've heard of it?" "Heard of it? This is literally my life dream, go to Comic-Con, nerd central...pretty pathetic huh?" "Are you kidding? I've always wanted to go too but nobody's even agreed to go with me, they think it's just a bunch of sweaty nerds in a room." He chuckles "That's exactly what it is!" I squeal. We jump out and run inside the geek filled building...

Jay opens the door and we walk in "What time is it?" I yawn "Three." Jay says checking his phone "Uhhh..." I moan. I feel my feet leave the floor "Huh?" I ask and turn my head and realize that Jay's carrying me. We go upstairs and into our room and Jay sets me down on the bed. I slide the bags off my arms and they fall to the floor. Once Jay flips out the light I curl up in the blankets and feel Jay get in behind me. He pulls me against him and I hug his arms trying to stay warm. My breathing eventually slows and I drift off to sleep...