27. Real life decisions & first fight

Two days later

Kongpob stood watching his side of the dorm room,
clothes- packed,
books-packed,
toiletries- packed,
Mattress - rolled up and secured ,
get well soon letters- kept securely in a box
Arthit's photo - kept securely in a book
Cab - arrived
Help to move out his luggage - arrived.

He was ready to move out.

All his twenty years of possesion fitted in just one suitcase, one bag and one cardboard-box.

He was desperately praying Arthit wouldn't come barging in before he goes. He has found a room that he can afford at his current economic condition, with only  20,000 bahts in his account and still piling medicals bills, it will be hard.

But a part time job and eyes ablaze of dreams will be enough to get him through it...

Just don't make Arthit come here before I  go or I will fall weak.

He prayed looking at sky through his side of window .

He will miss this window
Entering the room through the tree adjacent to this window....
Late nights at Astrophysics department
Star gazing with Arthit .....

He will miss this all...

Arthit would never let him go.

He wouldn't want to go after seeing tears in Arthit's eyes.

But he can't afford staying here.

Let him move out before Arthit comes back from his lab session.

Well, he wasn't even surprised when Arthit barged in just when his help lifted up his bag and suitcase to put it in the cab that was waiting near the gate of hostel .

Life has never listened to him after all ........

Arthit took a step back, double checking nameplate on his room...... Kong's side was empty. He moved his gaze to thin silhouette of a man standing before him

" Ai Kong , what is this ? Where are you going? " Arthit asked looking at space barren of Kongpob's possesions. All his things were at his feet, packed and ready to move.

The helper took his bag and suitcase out of the room.

Arthit stood before Kongpob , demanding answers from his boyfriend.

" I have quit college. " Kong muttered in small voice..He had neither strength nor inclination to speak lie to Arthit .

Eyes wide open , Arthit stared at him in shock, his jaw fell open

" Why ? "  He croaked, he absolutely didn't expect this.

Kong didn't answer.

Taking several steps towards Kong, Arthit  cradled Kongpob's face in his hands

" You just have six months to get the degree ...... Don't do this Ai Kong ..... Why are you doing this ? Why quit ? " Arthit pleaded .

" I can't afford college anymore, I have to quit. There is no point in accumulating degrees Arthit ,I have one already. It's time to face real world." Kong replied.

"If its about money - " Arthit was promptly cut off by Kongpob's determined voice.

" No, it isn't . I have made my decision, I want to do part-time job.  " Kong explained.

" Oh, you made the decision! All by yourself! Weren't we together in this ? Didn't you feel the need to atleast inform me, let alone discuss it with me beforehand ? " Arthit asked feeling betrayed, justificably so.