11.Birthday

Kongpob listened Arthit yelling at him, after a point he lost every word of his speech only thing that remained in his mind was." I'm the idiot that fell in love with you",everything else was lost to him.
" Me too,I fell for you long before you ever did" he wanted to shout at the top of his lungs to the figure walking away from him. But he couldn't, he shouldn't. It is not the right thing to do.

Then why did he felt like running after the male until every drop of strength drains from his legs. Why did he felt like holding him tight in his embrace until he could hold nothing else. Why did he felt like he has lost that little beam of light illuminating his otherwise pitch black existence .

He sat in the middle of the room same as Arthit left him, he didn't know how much time has passed, he still sat there fighting against his own conceptions of wrong and right. He battled against his fate to remain loner and his desire to be selfish just once in his life and chase after Arthit .

He sat there battling against his own self - against the part of him that wanted to run after Arthit- the only person in his life who had no gains associating himself with Kong.

.............

Arthit returned to his room after surprise party his friends threw for him. He was exhausted not because of party, he was drained mentally due to his fight with Kongpob.

Arthit cocluded that he overreacted, love can't be forced. He searched the room for Kongpob to apologise to him ,but didn't find him anywhere. He went to rooftop Kong wasn't there too. A call to astrophysics department cleared that Kong wasn't in physics department too. Where did he go?

Arthit felt worried,that's when he noticed the window that is always kept open was ajar today. He opened the window and the site of shocked Kong almost slipping off the branch greeted him.

" Were you a monkey in last life Kongpob? Come in now .." Arthit admonished Kong.

Arthit turned his back to Kong, he was angry at this stupid attempt. What if Kong really slipped and broke his bones or something? How could this intelligent guy who will have two degrees under his belt at tender age of 20 can be such dense?

" Sorry " Kongpob apologised .

" Don't talk to me " seeing Arthit still mad at him Kong walked back towards the window , Arthit turned hearing his footsteps

" Where are you going fucking Kong monkeypob, didn't you almost slipped off the branch just now? If I see you on that tree again I swear I'll make you live on that thrice damned tree for rest of the semester."

" Arthit- "

" Don't talk, go sleep on your bed ..... right now"

Arthit went to his own bed to sleep , there he saw box of chocolate waiting on his bed with a card atop it, a single long stemmed rose laid atop the note. Arthit smiled seeing the rose, keeping it aside he read the note

' You annoy me more than I ever thought is possible, still I want to spend every irritating minute with you .'

Arthit turned his attention to his room partner who had one eyes closed in pretense of sleeping and peeked at him with other eye trying to gauge his reaction. The moment Kongpob noticed Arthit was looking at him he closed both his eyes tight shut. Arthit was amused seeing Kong's action, who was behaving like a scolded puppy.

Keeping his voice devoid of any friendliness Arthit addressed the younger

"Are you trying to bribe me with chocolates Kongpob?"

Kongpob didn't open his eyes.
" What if I say I am"

" Then I'll say it's working"

The moment these words fell from Arthit's lips Kong got up from his bed and closed the distance seperating him and Arthit in a flash. Next thing Arthit knew was being engulfed in a bear hug, Kongpob didn't utter a single word he just tightened the hug with each passing second as if he wanted to merge himself with Arthit right in this moment.