Bleeding (28)

Dean's POV:

The bell rang and class was finally finished. I finished packing my books and headed for the door, until the teacher said, "Dean, may I have a word with you, please."

I grunted and rolled my eyes at her. I then proceeded to walk towards her while all the other kids left class, to there next lesson.

"Well Dean, I think you know why I want to talk to you..." the teacher said.

"Um... actually I don't." I replied.

"Well, for starters, I'd like to ask, why were you late for class, today?" She asked.

"My alarm didn't go off." I answered.

"Okay..." She said "I have another question..." she continued

"Yes Miss?" I said.

"Why don't you like me calling you Mr. Ambrose? Is that not your surname, Dean?"

I felt anger boil up inside me as I heard that name again...

Ambrose...

I calmed myself down and spoke, "Yes, it is my last name... I just don't like it that much... it's kinda personal..." I relied. "It's to do with my dad, he's a drug addict, and he... abuses me..."

"What about your mother?" She asked curiously.

"She's never around anymore, due to work..." I responded.

There was a long pause...

"Oh okay." She said and gave me a reassuring smile. "I guess I can cancel your detention today."

"R-Really?" I interrogated, in shock.

"Yes, since I didn't understand the full reason on why you don't like your last name." She said. "I'll write you a note saying why you were late for period 2." She carried on.

"Thank you, Miss." I said.

"No problem, Dean. You can talk to me about home situations whenever you'd like." She said.

"O-Okay, thanks. Have a nice day." I said.

"You as well." She responded giving me the note.

Letting all of that get off my chest was a good feeling.

I walked out the door and to my next class...

...P.E...

~at P.E. class (changing rooms)~

Seth's POV:

Where is he? I thought. Why is he late? Maybe he isn't in today..

I was brought back to the real world as soon as the changing room door opened.

Dean? I prayed.

"You have 5 more minutes to get ready, people!" Coach Kane yelled at us while entering the changing room just to leave 2 minutes after.

Coach Kane is the P.E. teacher of the school. He is very tall, at least 7,0 feet tall. And he is very scary.

He's serious about all the activities and clubs people join after school, as they are usually for tournaments.

He hates loosing. When I say he hates loosing, I mean it. He'll have a full on tantrum about how bad the team did and so on.

I sighed and got changed. I was starting to worry now.