【16】

𝚡𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑
【𝚡𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚔𝚎𝚢】

𝚡𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑【𝚡𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚔𝚎𝚢】

"I met your mama."

I watched as Que's head snapped up from his lap so that he could look at me.

The thick glass separating us making me feel worse than I did not being able to see him.

He had been locked up for 5 weeks and the boys were trying their best to clear his name.

When we thought about it, whoever planted the evidence against him had to be someone that was planning it for a long time.

"What you talkin bout?"

"I met your mother."

"How?"

He clenched his jaw, tightening the phone in his hand as he stared at me angrily. I could basically feel his anger as he shook his head.

"She uh...she came to your house a couple weeks ago on Thanksgiving."

"Fuck she wanted?"

"She was talking about how you went down the wrong path and how you would have been better with Za'nari-"

"Youn even gotta finish the rest."

I paused then, trying to gather my courage so I could tell him what I really wanted him to know.

"That's not all I wanted to tell you though..." I trailed off, looking down at my lap where I was playing with my fingers.

"Wassup?"

"I'm scared..."

"I'm gone get out of this shit. It ain't nothing to be scared o-"

"I'm pregnant." I cut him off, watching his facial expression change as he processed what I told him.

"Huh?"

"I. Am. Preg. Nant."

"Don't try to break that shit down like I'm illconsiderate..."

"Nigga what? You mean illiterate?" 

"Nah, you pregnant?"

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at the fact that he was acting like didn't just hear what the hell I said.

"Yes..."