- 𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐝

alright

*deep sigh*

i'm honestly surprised no one asked about this or wanted to talk about it.

but surprisingly enough only two people actually figured it out or grew suspicious of it was panicatthececelia and -phvoenix (i'm pretty sure a few caught on as well but idk)

there was other people who speculated about it but i don' think they really figured it out.

there was one comment that said: what if peter's dad is lillian's dad

or something like that. BUT that aint it sis.

i really tried to leave subtle hints that she was possibly related to tony and i'm surprised no one caught on. it's the little details man. but if you did catch onto that, good eye.

so let's get to it shall we?

this is gonna be a long one.

the original plot with lillian's dad was supposed to be that her mom and tony had a fling (sort of like iron man 3) and she got pregnant and had only lillian but i was like nah, that doesn't make sense bc what about nathan?? so i scrapped that idea and had leila (lillian's mom) and tony have somewhat of a fling but also more than that?? tony wanted to be a father with leila, but leila didn't want nathan and lillian to grow up with father who could be gone out of the blue (*cough* meaning die while being iron man *cough,, im sorry*)

an knee wayz,, so yeah leila and tony tried being a family but leila knew that tony would never let go of being iron man and she understood that in so many ways. tony also understood her wishes and he knew that she was just doing her job of protecting her kids bc him being iron man he knew the dangers he would bring into the family,, so he went his way and left them.

sure he kept track of his kids with leila,, but never told her that. leila sometimes regrets that she pushed him away but she felt it was best. leila was sort of worried that lillian would catch on that her dad is tony,, which is mainly part of the reason why she didn't want her daughter and peter to be dating. when leila found out that peter's 'internship' was with the tony stark in "dinner set up",, she felt that at some point lillian was going to tag along with him to go meet him which is what she didn't want. leila also had her suspicion that peter's 'internship' with tony wasn't really an internship. she may seem oblivious, but sis she's not blind. she's a detective and she kept an eye out for peter bc whoever 'worked' with or for tony is usually going to bring danger to their loved ones.

and lillian really thought that she was hiding peter's secret from her mom? no honey. she may be good liar and a good secret keeper but sis,, you can't hide things from your mom. she mostly gave it away whenever spider-man was brought up into conversation and lillian would always defend him as if she knew him. yeah, that rose a flag up to leila for sure and along with that the internship, she already knew. but did leila do anything with the information she found out by herself? no, she knew that it was peter's secret to tell so she would wait patiently.

and when peter accidentally ratted out lillian that she knew about the whole dr. connors' ideal tactic of making the world better in "free period" she knew in that moment that this boy would cause some trouble for her daughter bc that's how tony was with her. leila didn't want her daughter to go through what she had went through.

in "different scenarios" leila talks to her daughter about the whole dr. connors situation. the way she talks to lillian about how she's proud of her for being so smart and detective like and lillian proudly says that she gets it from her mom,, and leila in that moment sort of hates to admit that lillian's more like her dad rather than her. lillian is in fact more like tony, but she has some sides that show she's also like leila as well. but the fact that leila finally had the courage to talk about tony, made lillian wonder more about her dad but knew that her mom didn't really have the heart to talk about him too much. did lillian ever think about doing her own investigation on who her dad was? of course, but where in the hell would she start? she knew nothing of who he was or what he was even like. all she knew was that she had a father figure when she was little but had no recollection of who it could be. there was also no pictures of said dad around the house or anywhere in general. so to lillian, her dad might as well just had been a figment of her imagination. and nathan basically knew nothing as well he was more of a momma's boy with somewhat of a father figure who barely showed up whenever he could.

now in "the team up" when lillian finally meets tony she's in awe bc she only knew him as iron man and that's how she only sees him as, but tony however when peter is visiting tony,, he's always talking about lillian and the way peter talks about her tony is guaranteed that he's met her before or at least known about her from the past. and the line where tony says, 'i feel like i know you, for some weird reason. have i met you before?' he's referring to leila. at that moment, he sees leila through lillian and he's slow to realize that lillian's actually his daughter, but he notices that she resembles her in a way but also sees himself through her as well. the way lillian is very gifted with technology, very hands on deck, and straight to the point with things. when lillian and tony were on their way to oscorp and peter was calling lillian to make sure she doesn't get hurt in the process,, tony knew from that point that she might be his daughter but doesn't want to believe it at first but makes sure she's safe nonetheless.

and of course when leila finally found out that peter was indeed spider-man, she knew that peter should no longer be with her daughter. same thing with tony, when he told peter that if he really cared about lillian that he should keep his distance, that was mostly tony telling him that because he knew that's probably what leila would want for lillian. and boy was he right.

now, in "dangerous" leila puts her foot down and tells peter that he should no longer be with lillian for many reasons. one of them being because she know sees her daughter almost following the same footsteps she's made when leila was with tony. the way lillian fell for peter was the same way leila fell for tony. and leila feared that if lillian was following the same path then she was for sure going to go through the same heartbreak that she had went through. when leila said that she didn't want her daughter to turn out like her father and that the she didn't want to lose her the same way she lost her father, she meant that she didn't want lillian to be driven the same way tony was when wanting to save the world and it overcame him to the point that he couldn't separate iron man from himself. she didn't want to lose lillian like how she lost tony, by that she meant that she didn't want to push her daughter away to the point lillian wouldn't talk to her mom anymore. (but if you really think about it,, leila and tony were the main reason for lillian and peter for breaking up-)

in "surprises" ooo lawd,, when peter surprised lillian with tony and being hired as an 'intern' for her birthday... sis-

that's when tony knew for sure she was his daughter, the birthdate confirmed it for him and he was so eager to welcoming her. and when he said, 'welcome to the family' sis he meant it. he accepted her into his life that day forward and he was excited to learn new things with his daughter (and his son of course, but nathan is slow as you guys haven't noticed).

but yeah,, *clears throat* tony is in fact lillian's father (and nathan's).

thanks for coming to my ted talk, *in porky pigs voice* that's all folks