; 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬

LILLIAN was laying on her bed, her head resting on the edge of her bed and her feet resting against the wall. She laid on her bed deep in thought as she subconsciously scrolled through her phone.

She heard a knock on her door, followed by her mother's voice. "Hey." Leila said softly. "You good?" She chuckled as noticed the way her daughter was laying.

Lillian sat up on her bed whilst turning to face her mother, her legs crossed. "Hey... yeah." She answered as her mother took a seat next to her. "What's up?" She asked, closing her phone whilst placing it down beside her on the pillow.

"So... someone told me that you knew about Dr. Connors'... 'conniving' plan?" Leila asked with her eyebrow raised in a knowingly manner.

Lillian chuckled nervously, "What? Who said that?" Her eyebrows furrowed, "Did Peter say that?" She asked.

Leila nodded, "Yep." She let out a small sigh. "Is this true?" She asked with her eyes narrowed at her daughter.

Lillian scoffed nervously, "Uh... maybe?" She smiled softly as she shrugged, "Depends. Am I in trouble?" She asked.

Her mother shook her head as she chuckled lightly at Lillian's response, "No. I'm just very proud of my smart daughter."

Lillian smiled, nudging her mother proudly, "Well I get it from you."

Leila shook her head softly as her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth, "Believe it or not, you actually got it from your dad- which I kinda hate to admit." She stated quietly.

Lillian hummed in response as her eyebrows furrowed in thought. She never got to hear about her father, so the comparison of her intelligence to her father's was something completely novice to her. Her mouth opened up to speak more about her father, but thought against it so she just opted with a small smile to her mother.

"Peter said that you warned him multiple times about Dr. Connors?" Leila asked to change the subject.

Her daughter nodded slowly, "Uh... yeah." She breathed out. "I had a hunch about him." She shrugged whilst pushing her hair behind her ear, "Turns out that it's true." She said softly.

"Well, he's under investigation at the moment... so until then it's not true." Leila answered.

"Right..." Lillian chuckled lightly.

"So Peter works with Spider-Man, huh?" Leila asked with a slight cheeky smile.

"I guess so..." Lillian chuckled nervously. "He technically does small work at his internship. He doesn't... really work with Spider-Man."

Leila nodded, "Right, the Stark Internship with the one and only Tony Stark." She trailed off in thought.

"Yep." Lillian nodded slowly as she cleared her throat nervously.

"Well, I'm gonna head out for work. There's some money on the counter in case you and your brother want to order some dinner. Don't-"

"Do anything crazy." Lillian finished with a small smile. "I won't."

Her mother smiled, "Okay, love you."

"Love you too, mom." Lillian said as her mother nodded before leaving her room.

Once her mother shut Lillian's bedroom door, Lillian sighed whilst returning to her old position on her bed. As she laid back down on her bed with her head resting on the edge of the bed she went back on her phone. She scrolled through her phone once again, subconsciously going on her messages to text Peter.

Tap... Tap... Tap.

Lillian's eyebrows furrowed in confusion whilst placing her phone down beside her as she look toward her window to see a shadowed figured. Without thinking, she grabbed her phone and called Peter as she put the phone against her ear. "Peter, there's someone outside my window." She said quietly once Peter answered the phone.

She heard him laugh softly before answering, "I know, Lills. It's me... can you open the window, please?" He asked softly as she nodded whilst hanging up the phone and plopping her phone on her bed.

She walked up to her window, turning the latch, and lifting it up to open it for Peter. He climbed in her room, the huge gash on his chest becoming visible due to the light in her room. "Peter, what happened?" Her eyes narrowed in concern as she sat Peter on her bed carefully.

Peter laughed lightly, "You should see the other guy." He said quietly wincing afterwards.

She sighed worriedly, "Peter, I don't think you should be doing this on your own." She said softly whilst caressing his cheek gently.

"But I gotta stop him." His eyebrows furrowed in thought whilst he licked his lips. "I-I have to because I created him." His gaze met Lillian's soft ones.

"Peter..."

He shook his head as he took her hand in his, "No, Lills... I should have listened to you." He spoke quietly, his hand giving hers a soft squeeze. "If I did I wouldn't have given him an equation that made all of this possible. Something that my dad had been working on secretly- which now, it makes sense on why he kept it a secret by the way." He rambled on.

"But Peter-"

"Lills, this is my responsibility. I have to fix it." He finished.

She sighed, "At least let me help you... alright?"

Peter shook his head rapidly, "No, no. Not gonna happen. Nope."

Her eyes narrowed at his quick response, "And why not?" She asked as she sat up with her arms crossed.

"B-Because... if something happens to you..." He trailed off as his eyes shut tightly, not wanting to think about the outcomes of what would happen to you. "I don't know how I'm gonna live with that."

"And how do you think I'm gonna feel if something happened to you?" She retorted softly whilst taking his hands in hers.

He shook his head, "That's different."

"How is that different?" She scoffed lightly whilst shaking her head. "You have Ned being the 'guy in the chair' for you. He's literally like your side kick." She stated with a small chuckle.

Peter playfully rolled his eyes at her response, knowing she was right. "Alright, fine. Fine. You can help, but... you gotta tell your mom." He said with soft smile.

It was now Lillian's turn to playfully roll her eyes at Peter whilst she leaned closely toward him. Her lips slightly brushing against his teasingly. Before Peter could even do anything, Lillian slightly pulled away with a slight smug, "I have a feeling she already knows, since your big mouth decided to tell her that you work with Spider-Man and that I already knew," She said softly as her eyes flickered toward Peter's eyes and his lips, "and on top of that, you told her that I already knew about Connors being a 'hypothetical' evil scientist." She tsked whilst shaking her head.

Peter let out a small nervous chuckle, "Sorry." He smiled, his longing eyes looking over her beautiful features.

"Y'know, I'm surprised that no one knows about your spider secret," She shrugged as Peter's eyes narrowed at her curiously, "since you sort of suck at keeping secrets and all." She teased.

He laughed softly whilst shaking his head, "Am not." He defended.

Lillian stood up from her bed, "Sure." She nodded sarcastically as she went to her bathroom to get the first aid kit.

"I'm not that bad." He retorted lightly as he heard Lillian let out a loud laugh from the bathroom. "I'm not." He repeated causing another laugh from Lillian to erupt from her lips. He playfully rolled his eyes as he softly smiled to himself, loving the sound of her laugh.

- :: -

( author's note :
hello lovelies the next two or
three chapters are gonna be
loooong but it's not over yet )