; 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

- TWO WEEKS LATER -

PETER fiddled with his pen as he looked down at Dr. Connors' algorithm whilst blowing a raspberry. He would constantly glance at his phone in hopes of a reply from Lillian along to his thousands of text messages filled with apologies. He then glances over Dr. Connors' book as his eyes narrowed, a thought coming into mind. "That's it." He mumbled to himself as he got up from his chair. He grabbed his jacket on his way out of his room.

He peeked out of his room, taking notice that aunt May wasn't home. He let out a sigh of relief, leaving the apartment to go to Dr. Connors' house. Closing the door after himself, he glanced at Lillian's apartment door as a pang of guilt washed over him. He continued walking out of the apartment complex building and went into an empty alley as he put on his web shooters. He looked around him to make sure no one was looking and shot out a web to start swinging.

Once he made his way near Dr. Connors' house that he found after doing some research on him, he jumped down to the ground and decided to walk the rest of the way. Reaching toward the doctor's house, his closed fist met with the door as he nervously knocked on it. "Dr. Connors, uh... you don't remember me. I uh-" Peter stated once the door opened.

"You're one of the students from the tour the other day." Connors finished Peter's sentence.

Peter nodded, "Uh, yeah... that's right." He chuckled nervously.

"What brings you here... Parker, is it?" Connors questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah, actually-"

Dr. Connors moved aside for Peter, "Why don't you come inside," He motioned Peter to come in, "it looks like it going to rain." He said.

Peter entered the house, "O-Okay." He mumbled softly as Connors closed the door after him.

Connors walked into his kitchen, Peter slowly following suit. Peter took a seat on one of the stools as Connors grabbed two coffee cups whilst placing it on the counter. "Would you like some coffee?" Connors offered.

Peter shook his head politely, "No thanks, I'm good." He stated softly.

"Tea, then?" Connors offered once more earning another shake of Peter's head.

"No, it's alright." Peter smiled politely.

Connors nodded to himself as he went to grab one of the cups to put away only to knock the other one while doing so. Peter quickly catches the cup before it could fall to the floor and break into small pieces. Connors turned around to see Peter handing him the cup with a small tight lipped smile. "Good reflexes." Connors complimented as Peter mumbled a small 'thank you'. "I'll put this back up then." Connors laughed lightly as he put the other cup away as well.

"I read your book." Peter blurted out.

"You did?" Connors asked in surprise.

Peter nodded, "Y-Yeah. It really is something, I gotta tell you that." He chuckled lightly. "Do you really think it's possible? Y'know... the cross-species genetics?" He asked curiously.

Connors nodded his head confidently, "Yes, of course. For years this amazing scientist, Dr. Parker- I'm sure you've heard of him, and I were mocked for our theories. Not just in the community at large, but at OsCorp as well. They called us mad scientists." He reminisced as he let out a small chuckle. "Then Dr. Parker bred the spider and everything changed."

Peter smiled lightly, "He did that?" He asked, his voice dripping in astonishment.

Connors was astounded as he went down memory lane with Richard Parker, who he didn't realize was in fact Peter's father. "Why of course! The results were beyond encouraging. They- They were spectacular." He smiled widely as Peter smiled in awe just listening about his father. "We were gonna change the lives of millions, including my own." He pointed out as he shrugged. "Then it was over. He left... and he was gone. He took his research with him and-and without him, my research went into shambles."