; 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

LILLIAN sat on her bed whilst staring at her phone as her friends, Jade and Michelle, try to get her ready. Jade gave a knowingly look toward Michelle as Michelle shrugged. Jade then motioned Michelle to get Lillian's mother. Michelle nodded as she quietly left the room.

Jade sat beside Lillian, "You okay?" She asked as she looked up at Lillian.

"I don't know?" She spoke barely above a whisper, her gaze glued to her phone.

"Wanna tell me why you're staring at you phone and not getting ready?" Jade questioned softly, peeking over Lillian's shoulder to see a blank screen.

"She's been glued to that phone since yesterday." Lillian's mother, Leila, spoke up as she sat on the empty space next to her daughter.

"Why?" Michelle asked, taking a seat on Lillian's swivel chair.

"I don't know. All I know is that she was out with Peter yesterday and she came home around after sunset, going straight to her phone." Leila shrugged, pushing a few strand out of her daughter's face.

"Peter almost kissed me and he hasn't talked to me after." Lillian mumbled.

"What do you mean 'almost'?" Jade asked as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I-I was- Peter a-asked me to teach him how to dance a-and I-I started venting about falling for t-the wrong person?" Lillian stated more as a question as her eyebrows furrowed. "I was-I was crying and he was telling me that everything was going to be okay or that it wasn't my fault. Then h-he uh," Lillian cleared her throat, still in shock of it all, "w-was leaning in to- and I-I-I just left. Now we're not talking." She shook her head in confusion.

Leila gave her daughter a comforting hug, "Oh, sweetie." She spoke softly, "Just give him some time. He's probably feeling the same way as you right now and doesn't know how you feel or is scared to talk about it."

Michelle and Jade nodded in agreement as Lillian looked up at her mother, "But he's with Liz. He likes Liz not me." Lillian refused to believe anything else.

Michelle scoffed, "No, my flower. You got it all wrong." She stated as she shook her head at her friend's response.

"Peter is into you, as much as he refuses to believe it, but he really is." Jade added as she caught Lillian's attention. "You should've seen the way he was looking at you whenever you were with Elijah." She chuckled a bit, "He would have this little irritated glare toward Elijah because of the fact he was with you instead of hanging out with us or more specifically Peter." She said softly as she tried to cheer her best friend.

Lillian smiled at Jade's words, blushing a light shade of pink. Her smile faltered and then faded once reality hit, "I'm sorry." She said softly as she looked down at her folded hands.

"Sorry for what?" Michelle asked. "You didn't do anything wrong, flower." She reassured.

Lillian sighed, "I know. It's just... I don't think I can go to homecoming." She shrugged.

"Lillian, I did not go shopping with you and buy a dress that you really wanted just for it to go to waste." Leila pointed out. "You'll be going with MJ and Jade. They'll make sure you have a fun night," She reassured her daughter, then turning her attention toward Michelle and Jade, "but not too much fun, alright? I don't need her coming home drunk or pregnant. Got it?" She added sternly.

Michelle and Jade nodded quickly, "Got it." They said in unison.

"Okay, sweetie. I gotta head to work. Have fun at homecoming and be careful. If anything happens just call me and I'll come pick you guys up." Leila said as she gave a light motherly kiss on top of Lillian's head. "Love you." She smiled before leaving the room.