; 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲

LEILA touched her daughter's forehead with the back of her head as she checked her temperature, "You sure you don't want to go to school today?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Lillian nodded as sniffled, taking a tissue from the box that was laying on her bed and blew her nose. "Yeah, I have this huge migraine which is not helping with my runny nose." She looked up at her mom with her sick and tired eyes.

"Alright, get some rest okay? I'm gonna go get some soup after I drop off your brother at school." Leila told her daughter as she brushed away the hair that was falling onto her face.

"Can I look at your Spider-Man cases to keep me occupied?" Lillian asked as she gave her mother the puppy eyes and a pouty lip.

"No, if you can do that then you can be perfectly fine to go to school." Leila pointed out.

"Mom, please?" Lillian pleaded as she deepened her pout. "I'm your favorite child, c'mon. I can help you solve the case." She whispered as she nudged her mother.

Leila shushed her, "Fine. Fine. But you're going to school tomorrow even if you're still sick." She said sternly, pointing a finger at her daughter.

"Okay." Lillian smiled, "I love you mom."

Leila nodded her head as she hummed in response, "Sure you do." She spat playfully as she left Lillian's room to take her son to school.

Lillian blew her nose once more before getting out of bed, going into her mother's room as she dragged the transparent board into her room. Throwing her hair up into a messy bun, sighing as she went to blow her nose once more whilst throwing the used tissue in the little trash bin beside her desk. She went back to her mother's room to get her Spider-Man case that her mother had on top of her dresser. Going back to her room, she sat down on her swivel chair as she looked through the file. She sneezed as she pulled up the picture of Spider-Man from bank robbery footage.

Grabbing some tape, she taped the picture from the backside of the board so she wouldn't mark on it. She picked up an expo marker from her desk, writing down a few possibilities of who he could be next to the picture. She then looked through the file once more pulling out a picture from the Washington incident, taping it next to the bank robbery picture.

At first she thought it could be Flash, but thought against it once she knew that if it was truly Flash he would gloat about it. Crossing Flash's name off, she added Peter's name next to her boyfriend, Elijah. Her arms crossed in frustration as she sighed taking a second to look at what she had on the board so far.

"Found anything yet?" She heard her mother ask.

Lillian shook her head in defeat, her eyes widening once she realized it couldn't Elijah since she was with him when Spider-Man saved them. She erased Elijah and Flash's name, focusing more on Peter. She groaned, thinking it couldn't be right. She knew that Peter was known for always disappearing and being late for things, but it was because of his internship he had.

Leila sighed, looking at her daughter stress over a man in spandex. "Honey, you know," She leaned on her daughter's door frame, "you usually wait until they do something wrong before you declare them guilty." She reminded.

Lillian looked at her mother before glaring at the bored in concentration, "I know that." She said sucking in her teeth as she shook her head. "But he's hiding something." She muttered looking over the Washington picture.

Leila placed the soup on top of Lillian's dresser near the door. "Here's your soup. Don't stress over the whole spiderling... guy. I don't think you're gonna find anything. I sure as hell didn't." Leila chuckled as she left her room.