; 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

ELIJAH walked up to his girlfriend, Lillian, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. "Hey." He said softly, "I missed you the other day."

Lillian chuckled as she turned around to face him as he placed a tender kiss against her lips, "I'm sure you did." She teased.

"Ew. Get a room." Jade said in disgust as she opened her locker, looking at them as she shook her head. "Actually, don't."

Elijah rolled his eyes toward Jade, "I'll see you later." He told Lillian as he placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Mmkay, bye." Lillian smiled as her boyfriend walked off to his class.

"Okay, spill. When did he ask you out?" Jade questioned as her arms crossed.

Lillian's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at her best friend in confusion, "When did you become the matchmaking police?" Lillian joked as she noticed Peter and Ned walk past them.

"I'm not. I just-"

"You just what?" Lillian's arms crossed as she gave Jade a stern look.

"Yesterday, when you didn't come to school... Elijah sat with us at lunch and he- he just gave me a bad vibe." Jade told her best friend as she shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"Just trust me, okay?" Jade muttered softly as she went her way to her classroom.

Lillian shook her head as she went her way to chemistry. She sat next to Michelle, who was doodling in her notebook. "Hey, MJ." She sighed as class started.

"'Sup, flower. How's the obsessive boyfriend?" Michelle asked, not taking her eyes off her notebook that she was drawing in.

Lillian was taken aback, "What obsessive boyfriend?"

"Elijah. He was sitting with us yesterday at lunch and all he did was talk about his date with you."

"That's all he did?" Lillian asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, not really. He also talked about how he was lucky to have you like-" Michelle added.

"That's sweet." Lillian awed.

Michelle nodded slowly, "I guess." She mumbled. "Peter and Ned was sitting with us too, but Elijah sort of kicked them out of the group." She whispered as she shrugged.

"What do you mean sort of?"

Michelle sighed, setting her pencil down as looked at Lillian. "When Peter and Ned came over to our table, Elijah told them to sit somewhere else. I don't know why, but he did and Peter didn't seem too happy about that."

Lillian sat there confused about Elijah's behavior, but brushed it off thinking maybe Elijah only shooed Peter and Ned off for a reason. And she hoped it was for a good reason.

"Oh and by the way, Peter's staring at you." Michelle mumbled as she went back to drawing.

Lillian turned to face Peter, who was in fact staring at her. She gave him a soft smile as his cheeks turned a shade of pink but gave her smile back nonetheless. Lillian turned back to face Michelle as Ned nudged Peter for the third time.

"Dude, you're staring." Ned muttered toward Peter.

Peter shook his head, looking over at his best friend. "What? No I wasn't."

"Whatever you say, Peter." Ned shrugged as he went back to taking notes, until he spoke the first thought that popped in his head as he gasped. "Do you have a crush on Lilly?" He asked as his head tilted in thought.

Peter looked at him taken aback as his eyebrows furrowed, "What? N-No." He denied as he dragged the 'o'. "I like Liz, man." He whispered, trying to convince not only Ned, but himself as well.

"Have you ever wondered if she isn't the one for you?" Ned asked as he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Dude..." Peter said, disappointment crossing his face as he looked at his best friend.

"I'm just asking... like what if she isn't your soulmate?" Ned whispered in slight astonishment as he put air quotes around the word 'soulmate'.

Peter inwardly rolled his eyes as he shook his head, "Shut up, Ned." He muttered.

...

AFTER school Lillian sat on the roof of her apartment building as she took advantage of the beautiful lilac sunset with a hint of oranges and blues. She watched the cars go by as people walked to their destination, the light sounds of car horns filling her ears. She hasn't been up the roof in a while, but whenever she felt the need to have a little escape from the world this is the place she'll go. She left her phone in her room, but told her mother where she would be so she wouldn't freak out. She let out a content sigh as she felt calm, closing her eyes for a bit as she felt the light breeze hit her face.

"H-Hey, what are you doing up here?" A familiar voice asked, startling the girl.

She turned around to see the man in red and blue, "Shit." She muttered underneath her breath as she tried to regain her breathing, "You scared me." She chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry." He said softly as he smiled at her underneath the mask.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Don't you have some crime to fight or a cat to save from a tree?" She asked jokingly.

He cleared his throat as he shook his head, "Not really." He lied. "I uh, was just swinging by and I saw you up here." He said as he crossed his arms.

She nodded her head, "Yeah. I come up here sometimes to think or just escape from the world for a bit." She said as she leaned back against the wall, gazing at the sunset. "It's beautiful up here." She said softly with a small smile.

He let out a light chuckle as he smiled widely underneath the mask, nodding slowly, "Yeah it is." He agreed while looking at her as he noticed her eyes gleaming with content and happiness.

She turned to face him, "Thank you, y'know for saving me the other day."

He nodded, "Y-Yeah, it's no problem." He said as he was mesmerized by the reflection of the sunset twinkling in her eyes. His eyes suddenly furrowed as he looked off somewhere else.

"What's wrong?" Lillian questioned with worry.

"I-I gotta go." He rushed before stopping to turn to face Lillian, "I'll see you around?" He asked.

She nodded her head, "Yeah." She breathed out, "Be careful." She said as Spider-Man swung off to wherever he was heading.

- :: -

( author's note:
double update
today,, who's
ready?? )