; 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟𝐟

JADE threw herself on top her best friend who lied peacefully on her bed whilst groaning due to the sudden contact. "Wake up!" Jade cheered earning another groan from her best friend.

"No." Lillian mumbled into her pillow, not budging.

Jade snatched the pillow from underneath Lillian's head and smacked her with it. "Stop sulking. You're dramatic when you're sulking." She pointed out, climbing on top of her best friend whilst straddling her.

"I do not." Lillian shot back with her eyes narrowed on her best friend. "Now get off of me."

Jade smacked her with the pillow once more, "Gladly." She huffed as she climbed off of her best friend and got off of the bed.

"Why are you even here?" Lillian asked as she sat up on her elbows.

"Ouch." Jade faked hurt, her hand on her chest as she looked at Lillian in somewhat shock. "I'm hurt." She shook her head as she wiped away a fake tear. "I'm here because you need to stop sulking over Peter. Yes, I get it. He dumped you. It was hard- that's what she said." She shook her head with a small chuckle, "Not the time for that..." She trailed off as Lillian rose an eyebrow at her. Jade cleared her throat as she gave her best friend a nervous smile, "Anyway, you know I say this all the time whenever I know you need me, but I'm your person alright? I know you best and I'm supposed to help you through your break ups." She smiled softly.

"I don't need your help, Jay." Lillian spoke softly as she shook her head dismissively. "I can get over it on my own."

Jade scoffed, "Yeah, okay and I'm straight."

"What?" Lillian's face scrunched up in confusion.

Jade shrugged her shoulders, "I thought we were spitting out lies and seeing who would win." She deadpanned. "Now get your ass up and out of bed because I'm taking you out."

Lillian groaned, "And where exactly are you taking me?" She asked as she got out of her bed and walked toward her closet to pick out an entire outfit.

"Well... I was thinking of taking you out to this new diner that opened up and MJ suggested you should try it out." Jade answered. "Then after that maybe run down the old memory lane and play some Lego Harry Potter games?" She suggested.

Lillian shrugged, "I'm pretty sure I don't really have a choice, now do I?"

Jade shook her head, giving her best friend a sly smirk, "Nope. Sorry."

...

"NO OFFENSE, but you sort of look dead." Jade pointed out, noticing the way the sun was hitting against her best friend's face and the bags underneath her eyes now visible.

Lillian chuckled lightly with a shake of her head as she placed her cup of coffee down on the table, "None taken... I uh," She cleared her throat, "really haven't been getting enough sleep lately." She said quietly.

Jade hummed in response, taking a sip of her strawberry milkshake. "Why's that?" She inquired with her head tilted slightly as she still took sips of her shake.

"It's probably crazy, but I feel like I'm being watched." Lillian answered, leaning in toward the table for her best friend to hear her clearly. "Like all the time."

Jade snorted lightly, "Maybe, it's your... subconscious?"

Lillian scoffed quietly, "No, Jay. It's not." She shook her head. "You wouldn't understand." She spoke quietly.