; 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬

PETER twiddle his pencil in between his fingers as Ned constantly asked him if he was okay from last night to questions about the what if possibilities of being a lizard. Peter remained focus on taking notes whilst Ned continued with questions.

"If Dr. Connors is a lizard does that mean he has to eat insects, crickets, and stuff? Or does he survive on human food?" Ned whispered inquisitively before gasping as another thought came to mind. "What if he eats human food while he's in human form but only eats crickets or whatever when he's a lizard?"

Peter rolled his eyes at his best friend's theory, "I don't know Ned. I'll make sure to ask him when he's not trying to tear my face off next time." He mumbled as he wrote down Ms. Warren's notes from the board onto his notebook.

"If he does eat like a lizard..." Ned trailed off whilst shaking his head, "I don't know how I could pull through with that." He stated in deep thought.

Peter's eyes narrowed in concentration, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck rise. "Something's wrong." He mumbled whilst trying to focus on the noise that he picked up on.

Ms. Warren stopped teaching to answer the class phone as she gathered instructions from the front office. She hung up the phone and went to shut the front door of the classroom whilst locking it. She turned the lights off as it caught the students attention as they grew anxious. "It appears that we're having a lockdown. Everyone remain calm, okay. You guys know what to do." She said quietly but loud enough for the class to hear her. "Flash, close the blinds. Peter, shut the back door." She instructed as Flash quickly did what he was told.

Ned gave Peter a knowingly look, "I'll be right back. Make sure no one's looking." Peter whispered.

"Peter, don't die." Ned said softly, his voice dripping with concern.

"I don't plan on it." Peter responded in a 'duh' tone as he started heading toward the door.

"I don't know if I should be scared or thrilled about this..." Ned rambled shortly causing Peter to stop in his tracks and look back at Ned.

"Seriously, Ned?" Peter questioned as Ned shook his head whilst whispering a 'sorry' to his best friend. Peter went to the back door of the classroom, checking his surroundings to see no one was looking. He slipped through the door whilst silently closing it after himself. He peaked around the corner to find nothing and continued his way to his locker for his suit in he placed in his backpack. He quickly discarded his clothes and quickly put on his spidey suit whilst pressing on the spider emblem to have the suit tightly secure onto his body.

His body froze as he heard the Lizard coming near and another pair of footsteps coming the opposite way. He pivoted toward the soft footsteps almost giving himself a whiplash at the movement, seeing a frantic Lillian walking down the halls. "Lills, what are you doing out here?" He quietly shouted at her whilst softly running up to her to stop her in her tracks.

Lillian looked around her frantically, unsure of what was going on, "I was in the bathroom when the lockdown started a-and I tried t-to get back to class but-" She stuttered anxiously before cutting herself short as she heard a loud roar erupt in one of the hallways. "What the-"

Peter pulled Lillian off to the side, covering her mouth with his hand whilst his other hand lifted up to his mouth as he motioned her to keep quiet. Lillian slowly nodded her head as Peter's eyes gazed into hers, his body gently pressed against hers to refrain her from moving. Peter slowly uncovered her mouth, still having her close to him.

"What was that? Was that Dr-" Lillian whispered before Peter cut her off by covering her mouth once again as he heard the Lizard.

"Yes, yes. Now, shh." Peter whispered as he tried to concentrate on where the noise was coming from. He pulled Lillian with him to an empty room as they hid in the dark. "Do you hear that?" Peter asked quietly.