; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

( warning: minor
mentions of
anxiety in this
chapter )

LILLIAN looked down at her phone, contemplating on going to Liz's party. She sighed, texting her friend anyway.

-

[ private message ]
jade as jay
lillian as lil 🌻

lil 🌻
i dont think i
should go

jay
shut up ur going

even mj is going!!

lil 🌻
this is peer
pressure!1!1

jay
you'll thank me for
this

i'm outside btw w
mj

-

Lillian groaned, as she looked over her outfit that she was currently wearing. She had on her white loose spaghetti strap top tucked in her black high-waisted skinny jeans and her white keds. She shrugged, feeling content with her outfit. Leaving her room with her phone in her back pocket, "Bye, mom. I'm going over to Liz's." Lillian shouted.

"For what?" Leila asked looking up from her laptop.

"A little party." Lillian shrugged, like it was nothing.

"And who's party is it?" Leila asked as she eyed her daughter cautiously.

"Liz... Allen." Lillian said nonchalantly. "From the decathlon team with Jade."

Leila nodded, "Okay. Call me if anything happens."

Lillian nodded, "You got it, dude." She said giving her mother a thumbs up as she left their apartment.

Once she left the apartment building she noticed Jade in her father's car with Michelle. Lillian sat in the back seat beside Michelle as Jade sat in the passenger's seat. "Hello, Mr. Beckett." Lillian greeted.

"Hey, Lilly." Jade's father smiled as he drove off to Liz's house. "There's not gonna be any drinking at this party, right?"

"No, dad. I told you this a million times." Jade chuckled.

"Girls, she's not lying?" He asked.

Michelle and Lillian shook their heads as they answered in unison, "No, sir."

"Alright, I believe you." He said as he glanced at his daughter before looking back at the road.

"You believe them over me, wow. That's sad." Jade shook her head.

"You tend to say whatever you want so you can get whatever you want." Her father retorted.

Lillian and Michelle snicker as Jade's father pulled up to Liz's house. "Alright, girls. Have fun, but not too much fun. MJ, Lilly, if you guys need a ride home just let me know." Jade's father said as the girls got out of the car.

"Thanks, Mr. Beckett." Michelle said as Lillian nodded.

"Alright, bye dad. Love you." Jade said giving him a hug before he drove off.