; 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

THE next day Lillian was sitting with Elijah as Michelle and Jade decided to sit with Peter and Ned during gym class. Jade slowly noticed how Elijah was pulling Lillian away from her friends and so did Michelle. As Ned and Michelle were talking about homecoming and who was possibly taking who, Jade noticed an irritated Peter glancing over at Elijah.

Jade nudged Peter discreetly so Michelle and Ned wouldn't notice. "What's up with you, grouchy?" She asked softly for only him to hear.

"Dah- N-Nothing." Peter shook his head, "I'm good."

"Sure, Parker." Jade playfully rolled her eyes. "Might as well just tell me or i'll figure it out myself, and I'm pretty sure I already know."

Peter's eyebrows furrowed as he look at her taken aback, "Know what?"

"You like my best friend don't you? That's why you keep glaring at Elijah." Jade smirked teasingly.

He shook his head, "No, no. I just don't trust the guy, is all." He defended.

Jade sighed in disappointment as she knew he was lying about liking Lillian, "I don't trust him either." She said instead.

"I hate the guy." Michelle added as she sat beside Jade.

Ned sat beside Peter as he let out a chuckle, "Are we talking about Elijah? Oh, you should've seen Peter earlier when he saw him and Lilly holding hands-"

Peter rolled his eyes, cutting Ned's sentence short, "Ned's thinking of wearing his fedora hat to homecoming." He spat out to change the subject.

"Really?" Jade asked Ned as he nodded his head gleefully with a big smile.

"Good for you." Michelle said giving Ned an encouraging thumbs up. "So, Peter..." she crossed her arms as Jade and Ned looked at Peter. "You like Lillian, what's the big deal?"

"I-I don't. Its too- I thought everyone knew I that I like Liz?" Peter stammered out his words slightly.

Jade placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, "If I'm being honest Parker, Liz is way out of your league." She said truthfully as Michelle nodded in agreement.

Peter scoffed, "And Lilly's not?"

"Oh, no. We're not saying that. They're both out of your league, don't get me wrong." Michelle said as she shook her head and then shrugged. "We just think you have a better chance with Lilly than with Liz." She pointed out as Ned also agreed.

Peter shook his head, "Lilly and I are just friends. She has a boyfriend you guys." He said as they all turned to look at Lillian smiling happily as she laughed with Elijah.

"But that could be you, dude." Ned nudged Peter.

"Can we let it go? Lilly's happy with Elijah and I'm asking Liz out for homecoming, so I'm gonna be happy with Liz." Peter stated as Jade rolled her eyes in response.

"She'd be happier with you." Jade muttered as she picked at her chipped nail polish.

"What?"

Jade hummed in response, looking up at Peter, "Good luck... with Liz." She forced a smile as the bell rang. "Oh will you look at that! It's time to go. Let's go MJ, we don't wanna miss our next class." Jade rushed out as she grabbed onto Michelle's hand, dragging her along with her before Peter could say anything.

...

LILLIAN walked out of her apartment locking the door after her as she turned to see a gloomy Peter in a baggy 'I survived my trip to NYC' shirt and a pink Hello Kitty pajama pants heading to his apartment with his head hung low. "Peter?" Lillian asked softly as her face softened in concern.