; 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐩

LILLIAN groaned for what seemed to be the umpteenth time today as her mother went on about how she hasn't seen Peter come over in a while. "There's a reason for that, mom." Lillian murmured to herself.

"What was that?" Leila turned around to face her daughter.

Lillian gave her quick fake smile as she shrugged, "Nothing." She shook her head. Her eyebrows furrowed, "Why are you asking about Peter?" She wondered.

"Well, like I said, since you are dating Peter," Leila sighed as Lillian tilted her head slightly to the side with her eyes narrowed, "I don't really see him around here anymore." Her mother shrugged. "And I was thinking that maybe he should come over for dinner tonight." She suggested.

Lillian forced a smile whilst nodding at her mother, "I don't think that's a good idea." She chuckled lightly as she shook her head.

Leila eyebrows furrowed at her daughter, "Why not?" She questioned as she crossed her arms.

"Um... because?" Lillian trailed off, "He's busy..." She half lied.

"Hmm... I still think he should come over for dinner." Leila hinted to her daughter whilst looking at her phone.

Lillian rolled her eyes, "Fine... I'll call him." She groaned.

Leila smiled at her daughter thankfully as she motioned her off to go to her room. Lillian shook her head at her mother's antics as she slightly stomped her way to her room.

Lillian closed her bedroom door after her once she made it in her room whilst pulling her phone out of her jean pocket. Going through her contacts as her thumb hovered over his name. She took a deep breath before pushing on his name and clicking on call. She put her phone to her ear as she waited for Peter to pick up on the other end. Before she could regret her actions and end the call, she heard his voice speak up.

"Hello?" He spoke softly.

"Hey... you don't have to come, but uh," She cleared her throat, "my mom sort of wants you to come over for dinner?"

"W-Why?" Peter asked, feeling dumbfounded.

"She thinks we're still dating." She sighed whilst shaking her head. "I didn't really have the heart to tell her since she really likes the idea of me and you." She sucked in her teeth, "Um... anyway, just wanted confirm that you're not coming right?" She questioned whilst looking out her window as she heard some things being shuffled around on the other end.

Peter scratched the back of his neck as he contemplated his thoughts.

"Seriously, you don't have to come. I'll just tell her you got your 'internship' to deal with." She shrugged with a slight sarcasm dripping in her tone of voice.

Peter sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose whilst shaking his head. "No, no. I'll come over for dinner." He spoke softly before he could even fathom the words that just came out of his mouth.

This caught Lillian off guard as she stopped in her tracks, "Wait, what?" She almost choked on her words.

Peter cleared his throat as he shut his eyes, "I'm coming over for dinner..." He repeated himself as Lillian was too in shock to speak. "Uh, what time should I come over? Do I have to dress formal o-or casual? Do I have to bring you- wait, uh do I have to pretend that we're still dating?" Peter rambled inquisitively.

Lillian shook her head before sighing, "Great..." She muttered to herself. "Um, hold on." She stated softly as she quickly walked out of her room and then to the living room to meet her mother on the couch. "Hey, um... Peter wants to know what time he should come over for dinner and if he has to dress formal or cas-"