; 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬

PETER sighed as he paced back and forth in his room as he contemplated his thoughts. Lillian sat on his bed as she rolled her eyes seeing that Peter was in this state for a good ten minutes. Every once in awhile Peter would open his mouth to say something, but soon close it and continue his nervous pacing. Lillian then sighed, pulling out her phone from her back pocket and playing whatever game that she had on her phone as she waited for Peter to finally say something.

"Tomorrow is homecoming." Peter breathed out in realization as he sat next to Lillian.

She looked up from her phone, narrowing her eyes at Peter. "Mhmm, and you're taking Liz." She pointed out as she went back to her phone.

Peter chuckled softly in disbelief as he nodded, not being able to believe that he finally had the guts to ask her to homecoming. Although he felt like he asked the wrong girl.

"Hey, Pete?" Lillian spoke up as she set down her phone.

Peter turned to face Lillian as he hummed in response, patiently waiting for her to speak up. She shook her head as she let out a sigh, "Come with me." She softly said as she grabbed his hand in hers, leading him to her 'quiet' place. Once they made it there, she leaned her elbows against the edge of the brick wall. "No one really know about this place. Well," She shrugged, "except my mom, Spider-Man, and now you." She stated.

Peter walked beside her hesitantly as he choked on his words, "N-Not even Jade?" He questions as turned his attention toward her.

She shook her head, "Nope. Just me." She chuckled lightly. "Ever since Elijah happened, I've been coming up here more often." She stated as Peter listened to her intently. "I, uh... only come up here to get my mind off things and think." She shrugs, "It's my-"

"-your escape from the world. I know." Peter said softly as he looked down at the ground, nodding slowly.

Lillian's eyes narrowed at Peter in confusion, "H-How did you?.." her face softened once she puts the pieces together.

"Um, what? I-" Peter turned his attention back to Lillian, only to see her staring back at him already, "Uh, why are you staring at me like tha-?"

"It's you. Isn't it?' Lillian questioned softly in disbelief.

Peter shook his head, "W-What? What are you talking about?"

"The only person that knows the reason why I come up here is-is Spider-Man." Lillian pointed out.

"H-He told me?" He stated more as a question.

"He told you?" She asked him as he nodded hesitantly. "When did he tell you? Before or after you lost your fake internship?" Lillian crossed her arms as everything with Peter started making sense.

"W-What?" Peter laughed nervously as he tripped over his own feet whilst turning to face her.

Lillian rolled her eyes, "Peter, I know about the internship. I looked it up and there was nothing. Unless, Mr. Stark likes to keep his internships private for some reason?"

"Lills, w-wha-" He breathed out as her eyes narrowed at him, "O-Okay, the internship is fake, but I-I do work for Mr. Stark." He nervously stated.

Lillian nodded, "Uh huh." She responded, waiting for his full answer as she motioned him to keep talking.

Peter stood there all choked up, not knowing what to do or say. "Okay, don't be mad." He spoke softly.

"Why would I be mad?" Lillian asked as she watched Peter cautiously.

"B-Because... I'm S-Spider-Man?" He told her as he let out a nervous chuckle.

"I knew it." She said softly as she shook her head, throwing Peter off guard.