; 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝

( warning: minor
mentions of
anxiety in this
chapter )

LILLIAN sat on Peter's bed, looking around her as she noticed a lot of lamps placed randomly in his room, clusters of papers on his desk, and a few posters on his walls. She remembered being in this room during elementary and middle school just hanging out with him as they talked about the random things that they had thought of. She missed those days. Last night, Lillian and May caught up as they reminisced May's favorite Lillian and Peter's childhood memories. Lillian also missed being able to talk to May, she looked up to her and admired her as if she was her second family. Getting out of the room, she walked toward the living room seeing May hanging up the phone.

"Hey, May." Lillian greeted, noticing the worried look on May's face. "What's wrong?"

"Peter missed nationals." May said in disbelief, "Mr. Harrington said that Ned told him he was feeling sick."

Lillian's eyebrows furrowed, "Huh." She shrugged slightly, "Is he okay?"

May nodded, "Yeah, it's just not like Peter to miss something like that."

Lillian nodded in understanding, "I know." She said softly.

"Do you want me to make you some breakfast?" May asked giving her a soft smile, realizing she hasn't eaten yet.

Lillian shook her head, "Oh no, you don't have to do that. Besides, I have to get going... I have to go see if my brother's home." She said truthfully.

May nodded, "Okay, well. You're always welcome to come and visit." She said giving Lillian a goodbye hug.

Lillian hugged back, smiling, "I know." She said softly as she let go of the hug and made her way out of May's apartment, going back to hers. Once she entered her apartment, she called out to her brother as she made her way toward the bathroom to do her morning routine. She sighed, not hearing a response from her brother. After she finished her morning routine, she went to her room closing the door after her. Pulling her phone out of her pocket and throwing it on her bed, she changed into something more comfortable. She wore a loose grey 'NASA' graphic t-shirt, black jeggings, and blue and white flannel tied around her waist. She sat on her bed, checking her phone to see she had a few text messages from Jade, Michelle, and Elijah.

-

[ private message ]
jade as jay
lillian as lil 🌻

jay
hey

don't really wanna bother
u with all this crushy-
lovey crap but i feel like u
already kno about it and
mj is lowkey figuring it
out too but i need to get it
off my chest

alright ur not answering
but im gonna tell u
anyways

here it goes...

i really like mj but idk
what to do

okay ur kinda scaring me
cuz ur not answering but
i have to give my phone to
the security guys but
before i do we won
nationals!!!!

oh and peter didn't show
up he practically flaked on
us again n ned n liz are
freaking out about it but
i'm pretty sure hes sick in
bed or whatever