; 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

PETER was walking down the hallway with a very exhilarated Ned, who was talking about the events of homecoming from a few nights ago. Peter nodded every now and then to make sure that Ned knew he was listening.

"I mean you were like," Ned stated as he imitated Peter's scream, "and then I just hit with the," He flung his hand out, extending his index finger, pinky, and thumb whilst holding his middle and ring finger down. "It was-" He places his hand on his chest as he lets out a huff of excitement, "Oh my g-"

Peter nodded, giving his best friend a thankful smile, "Hey... you saved me. That's something." He said softly as Ned gave him a small smile. Peter's gaze adverted from Ned to Liz in front of him as a pang of guilt washed over him. Ned placed a comforting hand on Peter's shoulder, giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze before Peter left.

"H-Hey, Liz." Peter spoke nervously as he noticed Liz quickly wiping away a tear that was running down her cheek unwillingly. "Liz, I am so sorry." He whispered whilst his eyebrows furrowed apologetically.

Liz's eyes narrowed in bewilderment, "You say that a lot." She sniffled, "What are you sorry for this time?" She asked curiously as Peter didn't answer. "The dance?" She answered for him as her arms crossed, "Oh that? Yeah... that uh, was a pretty crappy thing to do." She shook her head. "But um... Nathan was there to cheer me up, so I guess that makes up for what you did?" She laughed dryly as she rolled her eyes somewhat playfully.

Peter cleared his throat, feeling a little bit awkward, "Well y-yeah." He scratched the back of his neck, "But I mean your dad." He whispered softly. "I can't imagine what you're going through. If there's anything I could do to he-" He spoke sincerely.

"Well, I guess we're moving to Oregon?" Liz cut him off as she shrugged. "Um, my mom says it's nice there, so... that's cool." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, my dad doesn't want us here during the trial..." She trailed off as she scratched the bridge of her nose.

"Liz-"

"Bye, Peter. Good luck with Lillian." She gave him a small smile, leaving Peter all dumbfounded.

Peter's eyebrows furrowed in bafflement as he watched Liz leave. He let out a long sigh as he shook his head. He made his way to the decathlon meeting, noticing that Lillian was sitting next to Michelle and Jade. She didn't have to be here for the meeting, but he knew that she'll do anything to show her support for her loved ones. And that's something he always liked about her. He took his seat that was across from Michelle, but next to Lillian.

"So what is this meeting about?" Lillian asked Jade, who leaned her head against Michelle.

"It's about the new team captain." Jade smiled bubbly. "My money's on MJ." She cheered softly as she raised her head up to look up at her girlfriend adoringly.

Michelle playfully rolled her eyes, "I think she's broken." She joked, letting out a small smile.

"You're only saying that because you don't think you're gonna be captain." Jade teased as she rolled her eyes as well. "Oh look, your boyfriend finally showed up." Jade pointed out teasingly as Michelle snickered.

Lillian turned around to see a blushing Peter, "Hi." She smiled softly.

"H-Hey." He whispered contentedly as he blushed even more unwillingly.

"She didn't deny it." Michelle pointed out softly as she snickered once more.

"Shut up, MJ. They're having a moment." Jade hushed her whilst waving at her girlfriend dismissively.

"I'd like to announce our new team captain, Michelle Jones." Mr. Harrington said catching everyone's attention as they all clapped.

"Uh, thank you." Michelle smiled shyly as Jade gave her the warmest hug. Peter, Lillian, and Ned smiling proudly at Michelle as Michelle spoke up, "M-My friends call me MJ." She stated.