; 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞

( warning : minor
mentions of
anxiety )

LILLIAN sighed for what seemed to be the umpteenth time today. She had a date tonight with Peter and her freaking out about it was an understatement. "Mom!" She called out as she stared blankly at her closet.

Her mother rushed into her room, "What? What's the matter?" Leila asked in a panic tone.

"I-I don't know what to wear," Lillian groaned, looking at her mother with an upset look crossing her face.

Leila sighed, taking a seat on her daughter's bed. "Well, for starters... it's Peter. I don't think he'll care that much with what you're wearing. He likes you for you, not what you wear." She stated as she pointed toward her closet.

"I know. I know, but I still wanna look nice." Lillian shrugged as her mother sighed in defeat.

"Why don't you wear your olive green," Leila paused in thought, "What's it called? Jump romps shorts?" She asked out loud.

Lillian's eye brows furrowed in confusion as she pulled out an olive green romper. "This one?" She asked whilst looking at her mother for a response.

Leila nodded, smiling at her daughter. "That's the one. You look beautiful in that."

Lillian smiled to herself as she looked at the romper jumpsuit. "Okay." She breathed out contentedly.

"Oh, and wear your cute little brown flats." Her mother suggested with a smile. She then pulled out her phone, noticing she got a call-in for work.

"What's wrong?" Lillian's eyebrows furrowed in concern as she put the romper down on her bed.

Leila shook her head, "It's work again." She lightly groaned, putting her phone back in her back pocket. "I'm probably coming home late again tonight." She sighed. "Have fun on your date with Peter, okay? Love you, sweetie." She smiled softly, placing a motherly kiss against her daughter's head.

Lillian nodded, giving her mother a small smile, "Love you, too. Be careful." She said softly.

"You know me. I'm always careful." Her mother chuckled, leaving her daughter's room and heading out to work.

She heard a knock on her door, "Hey, sis. I know you got a date with Parker, so I'm gonna head out with my friends." Her brother stated.

"U-Um, okay." She breathed out as she looked over her outfit that was laid on her bed.

"Love you." Her brother called out as he started to leave her room.

"Yep, love you too." She spoke as she started to feel uneasy once she heard the front door close after her brother. She took a deep breath, closing her bedroom door and changing into the olive green romper. She then went to her bathroom and straightened her hair. Once she was done she applied very light makeup to cover up the bags underneath her eyes and mascara. She left her bathroom and put on her brown flats that her mother suggested for her to wear.

She started feeling her chest tightening as she let out shaky breaths once she picked up her phone to check if Peter had texted her- nothing. She paced around her room as anxious butterflies erupted in her stomach unwillingly. Her hands feeling shaky and clammy, she tried her best to calm herself down. She took long and deep breaths, anything to keep herself calm, but nothing seemed to work which only made her worry more. She had no idea why she was suddenly feeling like this and that only made things worse.

She felt her body going numb as tears welled up in her eyes almost threatening to fall down her cheek. She looked up at the ceiling as she sat on the edge of her bed. She felt like something bad was going to happen and that terrified her as she only thought of the worst case scenarios. Lillian felt herself beginning to hyperventilate as she found it hard to breathe. She clutched onto her bed sheets, feeling as if the room was spinning . She heard the front door open and then shut afterward as she thought that someone had broken in.