; 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭

PETER played with Lillian's hair as she had her head resting on his chest whilst they both were cuddled on his bed. She looked up at the ceiling as she absentmindedly traced out shapes whilst Peter sat there, contently staring at her longingly.

"So my mom knows that you're Spider-Man?" She asked, breaking the silence in the room as she looked up at him.

He nodded, "Felt like I was gonna die if I didn't tell her." He chuckled lightly whilst brushing the hair that fell loosely away from her face.

"Well at least your secret is safe with her." She mumbled softly as she felt her eyes fluttering close every now and then due to Peter's gentle hand that lightly brushing through her hair. "It's better than my brother finding out. My god, that would be chaotic." She laughed, already picturing the scenarios.

Peter laughed along with her as he nodded, "Yeah, you got a point." He smiled as he took notice of the way her nose scrunched up whenever she would laugh too hard. "I love you..." He spoke softly.

Lillian's laughs faded as her smile fell, sitting up straight to face him correctly. Those three words repeated in her head to reassure herself that she heard him right. A small smile grew on her face as her hands cupped his cheeks lovingly. "I love you," She placed a small kiss against his lips, "so much." She smiled as she rested her forehead against his.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He asked rhetorically with a soft smile.

Lillian shrugged, "Not sure." She answered playfully with a big smile as she tilted her head in deep thought. "I'd like to think you had me wrapped around your finger when we first met."

Peter laughed softly, "Oh, yeah?" He asked whilst wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him as he placed his chin against her shoulder.

She chuckled, "Yeah, right after you told me that your favorite superhero is Iron Man." She teased whilst leaning her head back into him. "Or wait... was it after finding out that you were losing your pencils on purpose just so you could ask for mine?"

He laughed as he remembered the times he took every chance he had to just talk to her. Even if it was just to ask for a pencil or a piece of paper. "Hey, in my defense losing my pencils just to talk to you was completely worth it." He spoke softly, placing a feather-like kiss against her shoulder. He glanced at his clock on his night stand as he sighed, "You sure you gotta go?" He asked softly.

Lillian glanced over at the time, "Yeah, it's sort of a mandatory dinner that my mom is setting up." She sighed.

Peter pushed his face further into her shoulder whilst keeping a hold of her. "Can you stay here awhile longer? Just lay here with me, please?" He mumbled into her shoulder.

"Only because I really don't wanna go." She smiled turning her head slightly to look at him. "And because I'm too comfortable to move." She mumbled playfully.

He shook his head teasingly at her response as he chuckled lightly, "Of course." He spoke softly as his hands reached hers to intertwine them. "I uh... I get this unexplainable feeling that swarms up in my chest and stomach..." He mumbled softly, speaking out his thoughts as he subconsciously played with her hands. "It's overwhelming at times, but I know that I'm okay because it happens when I'm with you. And as corny as it sounds, when I first realized that I fell for you, I knew that I'll be good as long as you're here with me and you make me happier when I'm with you." He blushed, realizing he's saying all of this out loud as Lillian squeezed his hands.

"Aw, you're blushing!" She cooed whilst looking up at his reddened cheeks as she playfully poked at them.

"Am not." He smiled sheepishly as he tried to hide his face further into her shoulder.

"You're blushing even more." She cooed teasingly.

"Stop it!" He laughed, "You're blushing too!" He pointed out with a wide smile on his face.

"I know I am." She laughed, her hands reaching toward her face to cover it.

"Lills?" His laughs faltered whilst looking at her adoringly. She uncovered her face hesitantly as she hummed in response, turning her face slightly to look at his bashful face.

"You're my dream." He smiled cheekily.

Lillian rolled her eyes playfully whilst shoving Peter away from her. "Stop." She whined as her stomach fluttered with butterflies, her face growing hot, and her eyes brimming with tears. "You're gonna make me cry." She mumbled softly with her hands covering her face once more as she remembered their first date on top of the roof where they watched her favorite movies, one of them being Tangled. She let out a heavy sigh as she dropped her hands to her lap, a pout now written on her face.

Peter's face softened at this as he cooed at her, "I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry." He whispered, bringing her closer to his chest.

"You're my dream, too." She mumbled softly into his warm chest as she snuggled closer into his chest.

- :: -

( author's note :
already 2k reads?? wow-
tysm, ily 💗💞💓💖💕💘
n one more chapter to go 🤧 )