Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Willa's POV

My eyes felt heavy and fuzzy as I kept them shut, the soft thumping in my head leaving a pounding rhythm behind, enough to make me dizzy.

The strong sent of disinfectant did not seem help, sticking into my nose like a bad smell. Which it was. I scrunched my nose up to try and stop the pounding, and the sickening scent of bleach, but they both remained as bad as they had before.

I sighed discontentedly, and moved my back, which cried out in excruciating pain. I winced, rolling my shoulders to try and stop the sharp throb, but it made it worst, particularly around my chest and lungs, which seemed to be tightening with each breath.

Not to mention the fact I was freezing cold, which didn't aid my painful position, but I was confused on why anything was like this at all, hadn't I been in my bed after fighting with Louis?

I focused my attention to opening my weighted eyes, and my brain slowly responded, gradually parting their tired lids until I found myself staring up at a dark grey ceiling, with only a dull, yellow light in the corner of the freezing room to show me what I was.

And from everything I could see: the grey, metal freezers divided into draws with military style numbers on, and the other shiny benches with bodies on, and the gruesome pictures lining the walls, as well as various taunting x-rays, which didn't look healthy at all, I was most definetly in the morgue.

Lovely.

A grimace crossed my features as another shiver, with disgust and cold, hit me, my eyes looking over to the three bodies on the 'operating' tables furthest away from me. It was like the scene of a horrid, sick scary movie, and I most definitely didn't want to be part of it.

I was still laying on my back, and my chest throbbed slightly as I had to turn my head back to look away from the disgusting dead bodies, before I puked. Why had they put an alive person, me, inside this awful room? If it was a joke, it wasn't funny, especially if it was Louis' way of making me apologise.

It didn't seem like he would though, he wasn't that cruel, I had to be done here for a reason. What had happened after I'd fallen asleep? My mind seemed to muddle after going to sleep, but something told me I had woken up after that. I had to have done.

I searched in my mind for my wolf, pleading for her to help me, but she was silent, almost as if she had left me. I could feel the uncomfortable knot in my stomach as I thought of that, she couldn't have gone. She wouldn't. Not after what we had been through.

Mu lungs strained violently, shooting painfully into my chest as I began to panic, I hadn't been this long without my wolf in years. I needed her. My throat grew tighter, and the pain was intense, unbearable, my eyes were filling with stinging tears.

"Help." I breathed raggedly, gripping my hands into fists to stop the pain, to distract my mind, but my chest was hammering, on fire.

Louis, think of Louis, I chanted to myself, his cool emerald eyes and tanned skin releasing the tension that had built up in my body, but there was still that twinge of fear, I had to remember.

My chest tightened, but I gritted my teeth, despite their chattering from the chilled, morgue air, and I closed my eyes, picturing my room in the house.

I'd woken up, by...something. A noise. And I...walked to the window and saw...

I frowned as my memory dimmed, forcing myself to remember, I must have seen something. I saw...the hunters.

A shocked gasp escaped my lips, although my voice sounded hoarse and raspy, and barely like my own. My chest knotted awkwardly, aching as the memories flooded back.