Chapter 26

-Chapter 26-

Willa's POV

I bit my lip nervously as we pulled down a small street in Vegas, the fading sunshine a sign of the approaching winter. We'd sat in silence for most the journey, but now I couldn't help feeling my palms sweat anxiously as we came closer to Louis' house.

I know it's absolutely ridiculous getting over meeting his mother and grandmother but he was my mate, and they were his family, what if they didn't like me? Truth be told, I've never had a boyfriend and I've never met their parents because there's never been anybody. 

I was more nervous about meeting his family than I was about what we were going to do tonight, which is ridiculous, it's not as if his family was going to kill me.

I sighed, rubbing my hands on my now clothed legs, tucking a strand of hair out of my face. I straightened out my clean t-shirt, pulling my grey cardigan up my shoulders as I fiddled around with my outfit, hoping I didn't look like I changed at some weird cabin on the way here.

We'd stopped half an hour before at a motel, paying some money to use their rooms to get ready in seems ridiculous, but some how, I persuaded Louis to let me get washed and dressed from my bloody clothes.

'We're almost here, it's just at the end of this close.' Louis mumbled, turning into another small road, residential houses lining to quiet streets.

I nodded, too absorbed in my own nervous mind to say anything. Las Vegas had surprised me, I'd always thought it was casinos and clubs with drunk people roaming the streets, but this side was nice, it was just like any other city.

The car chugged to the end of the street, pulling up in front of a normal house. Louis shut off the car, sitting rigid in his seat whilst I gazed at the house I presumed was his.

It was white with a sloped wooden structure, dark tiles sitting neatly on the roof. The grass was green around it, a small picket fence lining the front of the garden. Neatly trimmed rose bushes sat up against the other side of the fence, the petals a pale pink.

A small crazy paving path led up to the porch which hid under a small roof, the wooden steps looked well worn in. The windows had curtains on either side, the doors were all white with a nice glass pattern frosted into the window.

I smiled at the normal, homely feel the whole house gave off, jumping out the car after Louis as we approached the door, locking the small car behind us.

I found my feet urged me after Louis up the path, trailing my hands gently over the petals on the roses, smiling as I sniffed in their beautiful scent. My feet moved slowly up the path, following Louis until we reached the bottom step of the porch, the house towering over us.

Louis turned, a small smile and a glint of melancholy in his eyes, as if being here brought back precious memories. He held his hand out gently and I took it warmly, leaning into him as we creaked up the stairs, tapping on the door with a swift knock.

My stomach was doing somersaults as I heard the patter of feet behind the door and I lent further into Louis, holding his hand like it was my life support.

The door opened slowly, revealing a sweet looking lady, her hair tied back in a grey bun. Her eyes were a lighter shade than Louis' but her skin had the same honey glow to it, wrinkles lining her delicate face.

A smile grew on her face as she looked up at Louis, revealing a set of white teeth. 

'I was wondering when you were going to come and visit your old granny.' She laughed, pulling Louis forward and hugging him tightly while I stood back, my hand still entwined with his.