Chapter 16

-Chapter 16-

Louis' POV

I slowly lifted Willa into the nest of my arms, watching her pained, unconscious face as I pulled it tightly towards my heaving chest. The coffee she had drunk, the one I had bought to her, was resting on the counter and I realised that I would have to get rid of it, destroy any trace of what I had done.

Carefully I placed Willa on her comfortable bed, and dashed back to the counter, pouring all the coffee down the sink in her bathroom. I had poisoned the coffee with the sleeping powder Dr Price had given me, only the one meant for Willa. We new that she'd put up a struggle if she saw the white van parked around the corner or smell the stink of the hunters she'd been running from for the last seven years of her life.

I re-entered the main room, turning the bathroom light off as I walked out. Slowly, I headed back to the counter, throwing the left over muffins into the trash can. I hadn't done anything to those, but it felt right to throw them away anyway. 

I turned my head over my shoulder to look at the sleeping Willa, to make sure that she was still out of the world. When I looked at her, I felt so much guilt and anger at myself for doing this to her, I almost stopped and left my sister, but as quickly as the thought came, it was gone.

I couldn't do that to my sister, leaving her to the mercy of the hunters while I was happy was wrong. But leaving Willa to the mercy of the hunters while you and your sister is wrong too, my wolf started to chastise me, but I ignored it, turning my head away from Willa, looking at her closet.

My feet led me towards the large oak doors, and I pulled them open, shovelling some clothes, shoes and underwear into a large bag that I found. Willa was going to need some clothes, she at least deserved that. The bag was bulging by the time I was finished, having filled it to its maximum capacity, I waltzed back towards the bed, throwing the large bag easily at the door, allowing it to land with a muffle thump as it hit the floor.

I softly sat next to Willa, drinking her petite body in. Her tumble of golden hair was cascading around her head, the long waves framing her face. She was on her back, allowing me to see her beautiful face that I new so well. Her eyes were shut in a peaceful way, her thick black lashes lining the closed lid. Willa's nose was small and straight, with a few stray freckles smothered on it, her lips a rosy pink were set in a half smile, they looked soft and I was tempted to kiss her, but I knew better than that. 

As I took in the rest of her frame, my eyes lingered on the small bracelet that hung on her wrist, and immediately, I shuffled closer, pulling her the bracelet off of her slim wrist, taking it into my large hands. Willa mumbled quietly in her sleep, a frown creeping its way onto her small forehead, her light eyebrows drawing into each other, but I was uninterested as I gazed at the silver bracelet that sat in the palm of my hands.

It was pure silver but it weighed practically the same as a feather.  It was a linked chain, very delicate, it looked like the stem of a flower, flowing in a smooth line. Engraved on the outside of the chain was a vine, guiding the way to the charm that hung off the front. I turned the smooth material in my fingers, looking at the charm, it took my breath away. 

It was the head of a wolf, small emeralds replacing its eyes, every stroke of fur defined clearly in the silver, shining in the early morning light. It couldn't be, could it? She wasn't, it wasn't possible, not after what happened. My gaze burned into the bracelet, as I looked into the inside part of the it, searching for the inscription that should be there. And it was.

'Filia Terrae'

I sucked in a breath of shock, quickly slipping the bracelet back onto the skin of her soft wrist. Willa had something about her, but I could never quite put my finger on her, she had a sort of... presence. She was graceful, but clumsy, sure, but never certain, gentle, but harsh. Now I'd figured out what it was and why they wanted her, she was no normal shifter otherwise they wouldn't have gone to so much effort to get her. She was the daughter of Earth.

I couldn't believe I had never realised, she was an Ivasko. Not just any old Ivasko. She was an Ivasko of not just any old family. She was the Princess Ivasko. The princess who had vanished after the slaughter of millions, just gone into hiding. The princess who people had been after for seventeen years. The princess who I would be handing into the hunters. The hunters who had slaughtered millions of innocent people just to find the five children, just to kill the five future rulers. The rulers of Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Spirit. And I wasn't going to let them win, not after what they had done.

I stood shakily, tucking Willa safely in my arms, lifting her huge bag from in front of the door, I opened it, cautious not to make a sound, I ran, Willa stirring in her sleep but I kept going, not allowing myself a glimpse back, I smiled as the forest enveloped us, doing my deed that I owed.

______________________________________________________________________________

Betcha didn't see that coming, did ya?? Ooooh:) Took you by surprise right!?

Where is Louis going, is he doing good OR bad?? Bit of a cliffy hanger there;)

Thanks for reading, enjoy:) Please read, vote and comment! YAY!:D

Thanks again

>>>>>>Molly :D xx