Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I yawned, stretching my long arms above my head before pulling the pale silky white sheets off and sitting up. Before I had drifted off into a gentle nap, I hadn't really taken in the layout of the room.

It was a pale olive green colour, with a cream-beige carpet on the floor, a soothing pallet. The bed was positioned in the centre of the room, next to a  dark wooden bedside table and on the other side of the bed, the side nearest the entrance door, stood another dark wooden door, sinking in with the green paint on the walls.

Opposite the bed, was a counter which looked like a breakfast bar. Slowly I made my way around the counter to examine whatever stood behind it, my curiosity outweighing my suspicion. There were some large cupboards full of books and stationary, and other things that I'd probably never use, as well as empty draws lining under the counter. Next to the numerous shelves, stood a huge mahogany wardrobe.

It was beautifully carved, with little angel wings engraved into the top of the intricate design, haloing the doors, which had an old mirror on the outside, reflecting my sappy bed hair and crumpled, crappy clothes. I sighed at my dishevelled appearance, before placing a hand on the golden coloured handle, pulling at it to show the inside of the wardrobe.

As I heaved the wooden door open, the rack was loaded with expensive looking clothes, very nice clothes at that, and the bottom was filled with various styles of shoes. I'd never seen so many clothes in any place other than a store.

I smiled as I ran my hand gently over a flower patterned skirt, loving the silky fabric as it ran through my fingers. My suspicion was dying down as I examined a pair of rather gorgeous boots, with a antique leather look. I could live with this, just as long as it wasn't a setup.

My mind seem to make up itself, because before I could stop my hands, I was pushing apart the clothes on the rack, trying to find something nice to change into, to freshen up. I turned around to glance quickly at the sleek, black clock ticking away above my bed. Quarter to five, fifteen minutes until my dinner.

The thought had my stomach growling, and I hastened to pick some clothes. I settled on a pair of black skinnies, a green, floral strappy T, and a pair of high top red converse, as well as a large zip up black hoody, just so I could put the hood up in emergency situations. It was practical, and wasn't to much for my plain self, I like it.

After picking up my new outfit, I crossed the room to the dark door next to my bed. I pushed the door open clumsily due to the clothes in my hands, before tossing them carelessly to the cool floor within. My hand trailed the wall for a light switch, and after feeling it, I flicked it on to illuminate the room I had walked into.

It had grey slate floors and white walls, with green tilings up to the centre of the wall, shining brightly in the white lights above it. A shower stood dazzlingly in the right corner, with silver leavers and a glass sliding door, too fancy to be in a five star hotel.

Opposite the shower in the other corner of the room was a glistening  white bathtub, with silver taps that shone in the light coming from the fluorescent overhead lighting. On the same wall was a basin with a ceramic, white sink sat leisurely in the centre, a clean mirror hanging on the wall above it.

Scattered artisticaly over the surface of the dark, wooden basin were all the bathroom nessecities, shampoo, shower gel, soaps, everything needed. It made me feel like a pampered princess, staring at the contents of the room.

Next to the basin was a spanking clean toilet and by the door was a tall, oddly shaped towel rack, with several black flannels and towels covering it like a cloak. I reached for the small doors under the wooden basin, opening them to reveal cleaning products.