Chapter 24

-Chapter 24-

Louis' POV

My eyes opened to a dark sky, the choir of crickets yipping loudly across the forest. I turned my head slowly, to find Willa pressed up to my bare chest, her arms wrapped lovingly around me.

I smiled as she breathed peacefully in and out, I traced my fingers smoothly over the mark I'd made on her shoulder, the marbled skin soft under my touch. I felt her stir, and she shifted her head, sighing.

'Why are you touching me?' Willa grumbled, poking a sharp finger into my cold chest. I laughed a little at her half awakened self, her sleepy blue eyes cloudy with dreams.

I moved my hand, running it through my hair, 'I was just checking you still had a pulse, you looked slightly dead when you were sleeping, and I couldn't wake you.' I lied slyly, smirking at her annoyed look that she seemed to frequently shoot at me.

She sat up, placing her hands either side of her before she let out a large yawn, 'You're such a pervert.' She said, turning around to face me while I put my hands behind my head and watched her tousled blond hair blow around in the night breeze.

Willa was like a picture, the finest painting I'd ever seen. Her blue eyes were opened, shining like crystals in the sunlight, her pale skin glowing in the moonlight that spilled slowly through the trees. Her messy waves of hair cascaded around her and down her top, knotted from sleeping on the floor, her mark hidden slightly under her thick mane of her.

She prodded me in the chest and I realised I'd been staring. 'Stop perving on me, pervert!' She snapped, slapping my chest weakly. 

I smiled at her sweetly, 'I'm the pervert, really? I mean you obviously can't keep your hands off of me, you keep prodding and touching my chest.' I chided, watching as a pink tinge crept into her cheeks, bathing in her embarrassment.

She stood up, frowning at me; she kicked my leg limply, 'Put a shirt on then.' Willa moaned, stretching her arms above her head. She turned away and began to walk back to the clearing we'd left our clothes in earlier.

I jumped up, following quickly behind her, I snaked an arm around her waist, kissing her mark, and I felt my wolf howl inside as she shivered under my touch. 'Not so fast Willa.' I whispered quietly into her ear, trailing kisses down her neck.

My firm grip around her gradually relaxed and she immediately slipped from my arms, running away from me and into the dark trees. I stood slightly shocked, staring off into the space she'd run off into.

Willa's POV

As I turned to leave to retrieve my trousers, I sensed Louis creep up behind me and wrap his large arms over my waist, causing a burst of warmth to tingle on my bare skin. He lowered his head to my neck where I could feel his hot breath moving hesitantly towards my mark.

He planted a soft kiss on it, causing my whole body to explode, shivering in the wonderful feeling that kept coming back every time Louis kissed my mark, any time he touched it. My wolf was singing as he moved his lips from my mark and to my ears.

'Not so fast Willa.' He whispered, the sound echoed in my head and it sounded too familiar, my brain skipped out as Louis removed his lips and trailed a long line of kisses down my neck.

The hairs on my arm were standing on end as my mind slipped back into the past, my body rigid and frozen. An image flashed into my mind as Louis loosened his grip on me.

Run. Run. Run. I thought as my legs once again started sprinting down the empty street in Georgia, the hunters had found me again. I gripped my right hand tightly on my small backpack that clung to my shoulder as I ran impossibly fast down the cracked pavement of the darkening street.