Chapter 13

-Chapter 13-

Tears burned in my eyes. I was walking further away from the border of the woods, expecting Louis to come out at any moment, but he didn't. How could he say that? He had no clue what I'd been through, how I felt, the guy was a jerk, Chrissie and her friends were right. Why didn't I listen to them, they knew what this guy was like more than I ever would.

I walked into the main lounge, remembering that I had left in Maths and there was, from what the clock said, five minutes until everyone would leave class to have break. I walked into the huge white room that lead into the dining room, examining the large brown leather couches that were placed around the room with matching arm chairs, a large coffee table under the huge plasma TV on the wall opposite the largest couch.

I decided to sit in the corner, in a small, squidgy arm chair, several book shelves around the alcove, where the chair I was sitting in was. The clock on the wall was ticking, the dull light glinting through the large windows, seeping through the thin blinds.

I sat deep in thought, trying to bury my anger and hurt that Louis had caused, swallowing back the waterfall of tears that was to come, praying no one would notice, even though I was, for once in my life, desperate to rely on someone.

A bell droned out my thoughts, and I looked up from where I sat, curled with my head resting comfortably on my knees, when a tall girl, with hazel eyes and brown hair, came striding over, sitting in the chair next to mine, shooting me a smile. I faintly recognised her, probably from where I had seen her walking around school.

'Hey, I'm Felicity, Ellie's friend.' Felicity said, turning in her chair to face me. That's why I recognised her, and suddenly I remembered her and Ellie talking on the first few days here.

'Oh, hi. I'm Willa.' I mumbled, turning slightly in my chair to look at the tall girl. Felicity had hair that was a lighter brown to Ellie's, but she was taller and had hazel and brown flecked eyes. She was wearing some sort of designer t-shirt and a pair of leggings with small, kitten heeled boots and a black shoulder bag to match.

'I know. But I wasn't sure if you know who I am.' She laughed, examining a few people who had flowed through the open door and into the room. 'Are you alright, you look upset?' Felicity added, turning to look at me more closely, immeadiately I wiped my cheeks, running my fingers through my wind swept hair.

'Is it really that obvious?' I gently laughed, realising how stupid I must look with mascara down my cheeks and frizzy, knotty hair, I think I even had mud on my clothes, what a state I must look.

Felicity nodded, smiling softly, lighting up her face, 'Yeah, you have make up down your face.' I laughed, thankful she hadn't said I looked fine, that was annoying. 'I have some wipes I think, and a brush, want to borrow them?' She continued, leaning into her bag and searching through its overflowing contents. Eventually she found what she was looking for and handed me a pack of wipes and a mini brush.

I mumbled my thanks, quickly using them and handing them back, my face was tingling from the pore cleansing wipes. Felicity took them, shoving them in a compartment in her bag.

'If it's over a boy, don't sweat it... or cry it for that matter,' Felicity advised, smiling at her play on words, 'trust me, whoever it is, they are stupid for leaving someone as pretty as you.' Her words were a nice sound to my ears, a lot better from the harsh ones that Louis had yelled at me earlier. 

'Thanks, but you're much prettier.' I smiled, truthfully, I thought she was much prettier than me but she just shrugged.

'Stop being so harsh on yourself, the reason Melissa was harsh to you is because you've caused competition with other guys, she's just bitter about it, insanely jealous!' Felicity added, nodding at Melissa who was sitting, fiddling with her hair flirtatiously, a few guys glancing her way. Gross, what a slut, I mean, how hard is it to put clothes on? Clothes that didn't show everything under the sun. She noticed me staring and shot me a dirty look, then turned back to talk to the, now approaching, guys.