Chapter 32

-Chapter 32-

Home. Defined as a place in which residence is common to a family, or people, but a home is more than just that. Home is where the heart is, as Elvis said, home is wherever your loved ones are. You have to have love in a home, or else it's just a cold dwelling in which you sleep and take shelter in.

Home itself is a warm word, it sounds nice when it rolls lazily off your tongue, with a nice mussing hum to the end, just to make it all the more pleasant to say. I'd never had a home before, but somehow, whilst my real mother and father guided me through the dauntingly large house, I felt like this strange place was my home.

My mother smiled gently at me, brushing her long dark hair from her face as she stood in front of a large French double doors, her hand set on the crystal door knob lightly. 'This is your room, Willa. It used to be your nursery, but we had it refurbished in case of your return.' She grinned happily, her enchanting eyes lighting up as she pushed the door swiftly open.

I stepped carefully around her and into the magnificent room in complete awe, gasping as I took in the beautiful furniture and decoration around me. It was on the top floor of the extremely massive five storey house, with a huge stone balcony behind large elegant patio windows that folded back to reveal the humongous grounds and forest surrounding the pretty house.

Large pale green curtains hung securely in the corners of the clean window from the high ceiling, brushing against the white elegant wallpaper that trickled across the walls, creating a light atmosphere to the beautiful room.

In the centre of the room up against the wall was a grand, four poster bed with large green curtains tumbling around it, the same shade as the curtains. There were flower prints covering the sheets, all in light and gentle colours, as well as the several pillows scattered across the comfortable surface.

An antique French looking dresser and wardrobe lent up against the opposite wall, with lots of different accessories littered across the room in all directions. A magnificent chandelier sparkled delicately from the high ceilings, casting patterns of light across the ginormous room.

I turned to look back at Louis and my parents in thanks, smiling like an idiot at them all as they grinned back at me eagerly. 

Louis walked forwards towards me, wrapping his arm protectively around my waist. He kissed my cheek, and I felt my wolf crave for his touch, so I nestled my head into his shoulder comfortably.

'You like it? If you don't, we could always call the decorator.' My father suggested plainly, but I shook my head vigorously at him, my hair whipping my face softly.

'No, honestly, it's...' I turned back to gape at the stunning room, 'Amazing. Thank you so much.' I breathed quietly, hoping they could hear me.

My feet guided me instinctively to the windows as I pressed my face against the cool glass, casting my eyes over the natural grounds and wild forests, all of which ambushed the house, hiding it from view.

I could see people in the grounds, probably the people that lived here, and all of them seemed happy, except some stroppy kid I could see chasing someone angrily. Apart from that, the atmosphere was pleasant and not at all negative.

A cough from the door made me snap my head round, to still see my mother and father, as well as Louis looking at me. 'I hate to rush you all around, but we have called a meeting of the Council and the Five, and as you're part of the Five and will also be involved with the Council, we'd like to take you. Now, if that's okay?' My father queried awkwardly, and although there was a question within what he said, it was more of a you're going, whether you like it or not, kind of vibe.