Chapter 28

-Chapter 28-

My finger continued to slide up and down the surface of the cold trigger to the poised gun, my hand tucked deep into the pocket so my ex-parents couldn't see what I was doing. I waited for them to respond for a minute, my breath coming out in clouds of condensation in front of me.

'Well?' I demanded, rolling my eyes as my mother stood in her husband’s strong arms, her eyes narrowed in bitterness and disgrace at me.

My father sighed, shaking his head at me. 'Now, there's no need to be rude. I thought we'd raised you better than that.' His voice was trying to sound nice, but I knew that there was nothing nice about it.

'You raised me? Really, I don't remember you raising me for the last seven years of my life?' I said sarcastically, finally removing my hand from the gun so I could hear out my lame excuse for parents.

I could hear the car door open loudly behind me, and Louis came out to stand behind me with Abi, who'd woken up. She stood on my other side, her long hair blowing in the cold breeze that was shaking my shivering form. They both looked at my parents with disgust; I guess Abi had met them before.

My mother looked at Abi and Louis with a mixture of fear and disgust, before hiding it with a smirk, 'Are these your little friends?' She placed a dainty hand on her hip, resting her head against my dad’s strong arm.

'Yeah mum, they're my friends.' I said faking enthusiasm that I'd once had to tell my parents all about my life. I'd never seen this side of my mum, and although she'd ditched me, I always thought she was quiet and kind. That side of my mum had disappeared now; I could see that whatever we’d once had was all gone.

My dad's eyes looked sad for a minute, before replaced with a cold gleam. 'Look, Willa, we came here to talk, not have an argument.' He spoke in a matter of fact tone with no negotiation to his voice; I shuddered under the coldness to it.

He’d always been tough on me, from the day I learnt to speak and walk; he’d sort of ignored me. I don’t think he wanted kids, and I’d always blamed him for my abandonment, but the more I looked, the more I realised that he was a whole different person from my mother.  From the looks of things, she was the bad one, not him.

'Little bit too late for that daddy dearest, you've had seven years.' I shook my head, moving further back into Louis so that I didn't slap the smirk that my mother seemed to wear in high fashion on that twisted face of hers. I wanted nothing but to yell and scream, but I held back, it wasn’t going to do anything.

'We don't want to apologize, what we did was perfectly acceptable under the circumstances you put us in.' My father said boldly. I shook my head, balling my shaking hands into hard fists.

I let out a bitter laugh, pretending to wipe the tears from my eyes with my index finger before balling my hand up again.

 'What!? What circumstances did I happen to put you in exactly? How is it acceptable to abandon a ten year old girl, runaway and call hunters in on her? Because, if you know, please tell me.' I slid my foot angrily back and forth on the uneven pavement while I looked deep into my fathers brown eyes waiting for his explanation.

'It doesn't matter anymore, what's done, is done. We just wanted to talk about how you expect to make it up to your mother and I, you don't even know how hard it's been on us! We had to make a reason that you were no longer with us and we haven't been able to adopt another child due to that! Why did you do that to us, do you know how hurt you've made us!?' He yelled furiously, taking a step closer towards me.

My wolf was growling ferociously at him, and I could hear a venomous snarl erupt from Louis as he saw the threat my father held towards me. I pushed Louis back to stop him from going animal on everyone, making sure to keep my eyes hard on my father.