Chapter 21

-Chapter 21-

Willa's POV

I burst through the kitchen door, my hand firmly gripping on to Louis' wrist for support and to guide him out the back exit. The few kitchen staff barely spared a glance at us before going back to watching the loud TV that was blasting in the background.

I reached the back of the kitchen, my head pounding while I tried to think of a quick escape route, my eyes desperately searching for an exit sign or window to clamber out of a make a runner.

Louis scuffled behind me, before I stopped, leaning heavily on the wall to think through an easy escape, I knew we only had a matter of minutes before we were going to be found.

Louis put his strong hands on either side of the blue wall beside me and glanced at me, looking deeply into my busy eyes. 'What the hell is going on Willa?' Louis queried, worried.

I gently pushed his arms off of me, finally thinking clearly through our escape, 'My parents... and the hunter. They're here. Together.' I mumbled, confused on the matter it self, I began to panic when I heard loud voices and footsteps, I began to run. 'Follow me!' I yelled at Louis as the noise from outside grew louder.

I ran into what looked like a storage cupboard, pulling Louis in tightly behind me, I rammed some of the heavy storage units up against the small door, barricading us in, I slowly paced the room, my eyes flickering thoughtfully to the small window that sat facing the forest on the wall of the small storage room.

'Your parents? The adopted ones?' Louis asked, his voice confused and worried, a little like my mind, I just couldn't get my head around it, I thought they'd cared for me.

I shook my head, my feet pattering heavily on the tiled floor as I paced the tiny room, a cold sweat breaking out on the back of my neck. 'Yes. They're here with the hunter from my dream and I don't know why and I, we need to get out of here. Now.' I mused, refusing to talk while I thought further about the window and the route we'd take.

As the sound from outside only grew further, I decided the window was the best option. 'The window, we need to get out of it.' I formed the sentence in a hurry on my tongue, running to the window and slamming hard up against the latches, pushing them open as hard as I could but it only opened a fraction.

The door began to shake, the handle rattling before I heard some shouts of people, the shelves clattering against the force of the people pushing the weak door so heavily. Louis came to my side, shoving the window with a huge force, knocking it open wide enough to fit us both through.

'Thanks.' I mumbled, brushing my sweaty hands on my pants, I pulled my bag up my arm and clambered clumsily out of the open window, landing hard on to the gravel below, Louis swift on my tail while the door inside began to open, the shelves clattering loudly to the hard floor.

I looked around the area, taking in the lot to make sure no one against us was out here, waiting for us to leave the building. The area was clear, the traffic and the swaying grass and movement of the trees the only sign of life, I led Louis towards the forest, walking among the shades of the trees, looking around constantly to check for any dangers.

We made it a short distance before I heard the distant calls, and I started to run hard, my breathing coming out in short gasps. As the footsteps behind us grew, I turned my direction to the place they'd least expect, the main road.

I ran from the forest, crossing a large, grassy field, the grass shielding our backs as we fled, heading straight towards the moving traffic that sped past. As my hit began to hit the tarmac of the road, I abruptly stopped before a large jeep would hit me.