Chapter 8

We managed to creep into the house, continuing to hold hands without being noticed, it was only ten on a Saturday morning, so no one was out of bed yet other than a few teachers, but no one gave me and Louis a second glance. I smiled as we rounded the corridor that lead to our rooms, only to see an impatient Ellie sitting, her head on her knees, outside the door.

She snapped her head up, her shoulder chestnut hair flying in every direction, as she looked at me, her eyes bulging as she saw my fingers entwined with Louis', crap. I could feel Louis slowly pull his hand away, shoving it in his pocket as if nothing had happened.

He looked at me for a second, then looked at the shocked Ellie before walking past her, and through the door that led to our rooms, shutting it behind him, not saying even a 'goodbye' to me. After everything that had happened and he went and did that, what happened to not caring what people thought? I felt my loved-up head suddenly snap back into reality and realised that Ellie had her mouth open at me in shock.

'What?' I snapped, my voice harder and more brutal than I meant, thankfully she was still too surprised to notice my harsh tone.

'Uh...What...What...What just...happened?' Ellie stuttered, standing up outside my door, her eyes still confused, a frown creasing her forehead, 'I mean what the hell just happened!? He is so hot but you heard what a jerk he was and that he knocked you over and was a jerk. What happened to the girl who didn't like the fact that she would have to spend over a months detention with him? What the hell happened!?' She spoke so quickly, it took my by surprise. Ellie didn't sound harsh or mean, she was just extremely shocked, in fact, so was I. I looked at her for a second, chewing on my lip nervously, I could still taste where his lips had been on mine, I traced them with my finger before shoving my hair behind my ear.

'I don't know.' I blurted, it was very true. I was confused, I had just spent two hours kissing him in the forest after he saw me completely naked, and let's just say that I enjoyed that kiss more than anything, fireworks and everything, then I had walked back with him hand in hand, until he snapped back into a jerk and left me to be questioned by Ellie, I still couldn't entirely believe that any of that had just happened. My head was spinning, and I think I needed to lay down.

'What do you mean, how can you not know?' The frown on her forehead deepening, I was thinking about walking right past her and slamming the door in her face, I couldn't deal with her questions, I was too puzzled, but I knew she would just grab me before I could get through the door. 

'I don't know.' I repeated, scuffing my shoe along the carpet, desperately trying to find an escape but I could see no way out, Ellie was moving further away from the door as she spoke, trying to catch my gaze, and I realised that I would be able to slip through in a second, I just had to wait until she was totally off guard so she wouldn't grab me and torture me into telling her everything.

'You keep saying that! Answer me properly, why were you just holding hands with Louis!?' She squealed loudly, partially excited at the thought of us being a 'couple' and the other half out of impatience, she was too loud as I could hear a voice behind me.

'You were holding hands with Louis?' Chrissie queried curiously behind me, this was just getting better and better. I spun on my heel to face her, she had an expression similar to Ellie's when she had seen us, but I could see cogs turning in her brain. 'OMG! I saw someone go into the forest earlier and then a little while later I saw Louis go in! It was you! Did you kiss? Oooh, tell me! What did you do in the forest, did you get dirty?' She rushed out as the light bulb turned on in her head, how could she have seen me, it was so dark? Then again she hadn't recognised me. Great, now there were two squealing girls desperate for the gory details of me and Louis, even though they didn't know anything had happened, what the hell?