Chapter 17

-Chapter 17-

Willa's POV

I slowly opened my heavy eyes, turning my cramped neck to the side, expecting to wake up and see my green dorm room, instead my sight was greeted by thick, green forest and a worried looking boy sitting by a small, warming fire that he would occasionally poke.

Suddenly, an overwhelming flashback of the last time I'd been conscious hit me. The coffee. Louis' eyes looking so pained and guilty. The inner betrayal. The tears. The anger. I sighed, swallowing back the tears, I tried to stand from where I lay, strewn across the ground, wet and carpeted with leaves, but my weak ankle protested. I fell back to the ground, tears welling in the corners of my blue eyes, both from the emotional and physical pain I was in.

The guy who had his back to me, snapped his head immediately in my direction, approaching quickly, even my strong eyes couldn't see his face in the darkness of the night and the tears that were blurring my accurate vision, but I felt a peace when his arms came around me, like I was finally home.

His smell exploded in my nose as I sniffed the scent on his shirt, and I realised who this guy was, it was Louis. Suddenly my heart and my head started a World War 3 with each other, fighting whether to stay for the comfort of my mate, or run because he wanted to trade me in for his sister, but I let my tired arms flail to their sides, letting his muscular back go.

He felt me go limp and withdrew his hands, his homelike green eyes searching mine, a hopeful expression flickered onto his handsome face.

Tears were slipping quickly, my nose running slightly, so I wiped it with my sleeve, that I realised was quite grubby. 'Why... how could you?' I barely whispered, my crackling voice surrendered to the utter hurt I felt.

Louis face creased up, and his eyes looked down to the muddy ground around us, his dark hair crossing his face, 'I... I... don't know. But I haven't, you're too much to be given up.' He said back softly, running a finger across my cheek before slipping my knotted hair back behind my ear.

'You were going to though.' I muttered, turning my gaze to the forest that surrounded me, it was so beautiful. The tall trees were completely towering over us, all of the night stars invisible in the dense leaves that hung over our heads, the occasion willow trees slipping down around us.

We were in between several trees, a small fire burning in the middle, a log placed next to it as a seat. I could see two bags near me, but there was no tent or blankets to sleep under, we were going to have to sleep next to each other to keep warmer, even we were in the summer in California.

'Not when I realised what you are, you need protection until I can get you back to the king.' Louis said, catching my chin in his grip, he flicked his gaze to mind, searching my expression which had turned to complete confusion.

'What I am? I'm a wolf shifter, you already knew that, I'm just like any other shifter.' My voice was unsure, and I felt really confused. And upset. Louis hadn't saved me because he loved me, he'd saved me because of what I was, not that I knew what I was.

'You honestly have no idea?' He asked, surprised I had no clue, I shook my head, forcing his hand off my face.

'No, otherwise I would have said you shithead, just tell me!' I said, annoyed.

'I just thought you would have known.' Louis said questioningly, I just shot him a glare, before he swallowed and continued, 'Well, you're the daughter of the Great King Ivasko, the missing daughter, one of the five who was forced into hiding.' He finished, looking at me expectantly, but my head was reeling.

I was the daughter of a king, that made me what, a princess? I laughed at the thought, I couldn't be a princess, right? It did sort of fit really, I had been put into adoption when I was a baby, and my birth parents had never made contact with me, but still, I couldn't be a daughter of a king, just because we had a surname in common, didn't mean anything. I had taken my adopted parents surname until they left me, and that's when I changed it back to my original surname, in case my adopted parents sent out flyers or something, but my surname didn't mean anything, I knew it was a rare name, but still, I wasn't ever going to be the only Ivasko in the world.

'Huh? I really doubt that.' I whispered, still utterly shocked at the thought of being a daughter of aa king, a daughter that had been forced into hiding, along with another four people. 

Louis coughed, letting a second past before he continued. 'Well you shouldn't you are his daughter.' His voice sounded so sure, I almost believed him.

'Well if I am, how do you know?' I asked, waiting him to come up with a load of non-relevant evidence, but instead he took my hand, sending tingles across my skin, pulling it in front of our gazes, he ran his finger over the silver bracelet that hung on to my arm.

'Because, that bracelet, is one of the five given to the children of the five kings, only those children can wear it, its a mark, that's how I know.' Louis muttered, still gazing at the bracelet.

'What five children, who are they?' I asked quizzically, not following what Louis was saying.

'There are five basic elements, fire, earth, air, water and spirit. Each element has a king or queen to it, they are born with the power of it and can control it or something like that, but there was a huge war seventeen years ago that sent the five children who were to take the thrones, into hiding, you being one of them.' He met my gaze, and smiled, amused at how thrown of course I was feeling.

'What element am I?' I questioned, looking back up at the dark leaves of the trees, a soft breeze swallowing me.

'Earth, as your bracelet says.' He flipped the silver chain over on my wrist, revealing a transcript that was engraved on the back, I didn't know what it meant but I knew it was there, 'Filia Terrae, it means daughter of the earth, it's Latin, the script of the ancient times.' 

I sucked in a breath, finally believing all the sudden information on who I actually was, my subconcious making me trace my long fingers of the cold surface of the enscription on the bracelet, causing a sense of something so overwhelming hit me, before my vision went black and I was enveloped into what could only be some sort of flashback.

I could hear a woman laughing, her lively blue eyes meeting mine from across a long, distant room, a tall, blond man standing next to her, his large arms around her delicate waist as he danced with her, swaying to a gentle melody that seemed to echo off the walls of this distant land I was in, spinning her in his gentle arms. There laughter mingled together, and I felt my past self join in with them, laughing a baby like giggle.

Then my vision flashed to another scene, the same woman with mousy hair leaning over me, crying, her tears spilling on to my face. 'I will make sure that you will be so safe.' She whispered,continuing to cry, making my baby self cry with her.

Then a final scene erupted into my vision. It was dusk, and I was being held by someone, I could feel their heart beating rapidly and hear their feet harshly scuff the floor, their fast breaths harshly panting along with their eratic heart beat, my body moving as they ran and jumped across a grey surface. I could hear screaming, loud gunshots and explosions, dirt flying everywhere. I could feel my old self feeling scared, so I'd screamed.

Then, as quickly as they came, the visions left, allowing everything to return to normal, and I was back in the night time of the forest, sat across from a worried looking Louis, I could see his lips moving, but my ears weren't listening, my mind set deeply on everything that had seemed to pour back into my mind. They were my parents. Those people who were dancing, I was certain who they were, they were my parents, and I was going to find them.

I sat for a moment, my world spinning as I thought back to my parents, my real parents, before I felt myself growing weak, a sudden pang of nostalgia hitting me, before the shock of everything was too much, and I collapsed to the ground, letting blackness rule the world of my conscious.

_____________________________________________________________________________

THANK YOU FOR THE READS GUYS:D Had another 100 reads since yesterday, I mean, WOW! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Im really sorry that I haven't been writing for a while, I was just distracted and have a lot on my plate at the mo, thanks again and I will upload soon:) 

>>>>>Molly xxxxxxxx