Chapter 10

-Chapter 10-

The rest of Sunday had gone fast and thankfully I'd managed to avoid facing anyone curious about my 'relationship' with Louis, but it was now Monday, I was going to face them today. It wasn't that I didn't like them or thought they would hate me for liking him, but I knew they'd want to know every detail and I really didn't want to be mobbed by curious people, it wasn't me, I didn't feel comfortable sharing all the grim details, they didn't need to know. 

I smiled at my reflection, I'd managed to shower, apply some mascara and eyeliner, and I was dressed in some chinos and a t-shirt that said 'I'm with stupid' on it, an arrow pointing next to me, I figured I'd be standing next to Louis at some point in the day, I laughed. I quickly scraped my thick waves of hair into a claw grip clip at the back of my head, allowing a few strands to hang next to my tanning face. I'd been out in the sun a lot recently and had successfully caught a nice colour to my usually pale face, I also had gained more streaks of blond in my honey hair, I loved the sun, it made me happy.

I quickly turned out the light in the bathroom, walking past my unmade bed and grabbing my pre-packed bag, I was an organised creep sometimes, I was always ready for the future. When I had moved about a lot, I'd never unpacked my bag, I always managed to move away too fast to even worry about unpacking, repacking would take to long and I'd probably have to leave with out notice, I had to always be ready.

I picked up the light back-pack and headed out the door, before realising that I had left my key on the counter, great! I turned, trying to open the locked door but it managed to stay closed, I really wasn't that organised after all. I'd just have to get Louis to show me the spare key later, hopefully I there was one.

I shrugged, my bag slipping off my shoulder, I pulled it up and walked downstairs to the main dining room, prepared for the exciting conversation that I was going to have, I could already hear the clang of plates and cutlery. I entered into the dining room, scanning the long mahogany, Hogwarts looking table that lay across the length of the room, sitting around seventy people.

My gaze reached the side of the table to my right, the end nearest to me was where Louis was sitting among the other jocks and whores of the school, Melissa was only two seats down from him, trying to impress with her skimpy clothes, her high pitched laugh that was clearly put on reached my ears and made me cringe, what a fake.

I wasn't prepared to sit with Louis and his gang, even if it meant facing my mob of friends queries about me and Louis, his friends were too much to take, they didn't like me other than some of the sleazy guys who thought I was 'hot', what creeps.

Louis looked up at me, where I still stood, his face lit up by a fraction but he quickly wiped the smile away, realising other people were watching, was he ashamed of me or something? I wasn't his dirty little secret, not that I was that dirty... how could he do that?

I looked back at him, hiding the hurt expression that had washed over me, studying his reaction to me carefully, no one seemed to notice me staring at him, I didn't care if they did. His brown hair was hanging over his face, he hadn't even brushed it from what I could tell, typical lazy boy. His green eyes were gorgeous of course, but he was purposely avoiding any form of contact with me, including looking at me, what happened to him not being able to get enough, what a douche! Louis' skin was still tan, and through his navy checkered shirt that was unbuttoned to reveal a white top underneath, I could see the outline of his eight-pack, he looked yummy.

'Checking out Louis, are we?' Melissa chimed from the table, venom in her voice, she narrowed her dark eyes when she locked eyes with mine, I gave her a cold glare. Had it been that obvious I was staring at Louis? I know I was standing in the middle of the room pratically drooling over him, but still, why was it anything to do with her? If she had known what me and Louis' had been doing recently, her head would explode with jealousy, the thought made me laugh out loud.