Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

Sets of eyes stared at me from all around as I stood, like a deer in the headlights in the middle of the hall. Green eyes, brown eyes, blue eyes, lots of eyes, from the stairs next to me, the hall, everywhere were watching my every move and I tried to smile, I really did, but it ended up probably looking like a mutated squirrel.

My legs were wobbling like runny jelly under me, and I brought my eyes back to the woman who had welcomed me into this,,,house. Let's hope she wasn't one of them. Let's hope she was nice.

I examined the tall, slender woman with mild suspicion, waiting for someone to jump at me with a weapon, but no one did.

The lady  was about 6ft, towering over me, with huge unusually yellow eyes coming out from her pale, pretty face.  Her jet black hair was glued in a tight bun, pinpointing the centre of her head as it stayed gelled to perfection. She didn't look much older than me, maybe in her late twenties, but from the wise, all knowing look in her gold eyes, and the way she stood, showed me that perhaps her looks were younger than her true age. She took a confident  step forward, outstretching a long arm and grasping my hand into a friendly hand shake, whilst I stared at it in a fearful, confused way.

Maybe she wasn't going to hurt me, I thought, but I still didn't like the fact that my sweaty palm was pressed up against her cool, thin one. I snatched it back, avoiding her eyes, as I stared at my feet. I should probably have chosen nicer shoes than my tatty red ones, but that's all I had.

"Hello Willa. It is very good to meet you, we've been expecting you since Damen called after he collected you but at last you've arrived." The lady spoke, her voice clear, hiding any curiousity to my handshake hate. "I'm Miss Kingsly, the headmaster of this school." She continued, and I finally met my eyes with her.

That's why there were so many people, it was a school. Or at least a very good fake one.

It didn't at all look like any school I'd ever seen, or at least not my elementary school. Weren't schools meant to have florescent lights and squeaky floors with gum all over them, because if that was the definition of a school, this certainly was no normal school. 

I nodded at her, like I was really interested, when really I was interested in whether I was being fooled or not, but still, no one said or did anything to show this was anything but a school. But I still had to be extra cautious. It could be a trick.

When I realised she was waiting for me to speak, I finally managed to get my voice to respond to my brain, coming out bristly and hoarse. I coughed to clear it. "Well, it's good to be here, it was a horrible drive." I murmured, but it wasn't.

In fact, it was probably the nicest style of travelling I'd done in a long time. Normally, I'd have to walk, or run. But a car. That was a real luxury.

After that, she breifly introduced to some of the staff, whose names I'd never remember or care about,  and after another ten minutes of awkward eye contact with strangers, the group of students that had gathered to watch my 'grand' entrance slowly cleared away. 

It was then that I was led to a small, freckled girl with big, black framed glasses who was standing with her big blue eyes, watching me with excitement. I swallowed down the fear. She looked like the bubbly type of girl I'd once been, before everything happened.

"This is Chrissie, she is the on the helper commitee and will be showing you around. She will be getting you to know the place before your classes start on Monday. Is there anything I can help you with before I go and deal with some things?" Miss Kingsly asked, whilst I looked at her in a pleading manner. She didn't get the message of S.O.S to save me from the hyper looking girl in front of me, instead taking my silence as her que to leave.