part 38

"2 months?! I've been gone for 2 months?" Stiles yells out.

"Yeah..." Lydia replies.

"And how long did it take for one of you to notice I was gone?" Stiles asks.

"It was 3 weeks before Scott remembered. And about another week after that Lydia and I were on board." Malia interrupts.

Stiles heartbeat picks up a little. "I-i need a minute," he says, walking outside the bunker. He walks down the road. Scott decides to follow close behind, not being seen by Stiles, just to make sure he's okay.

Stiles walks to a park. He takes a seat on a nearby bench and drops his head into his hands.

Scott decides to let him be for a little while. But he stays close by, sitting behind a tree. He listens to Stiles now steady heartbeat. He listens to Stiles many thoughts. He listens to Stiles tapping his feet on the ground beneath. He listens to his... sobs? He's crying...

Scott stands up and makes his way over to Stiles. He rests a hand on his back startling him a little. He jumps a bit and lifts his head off the table. Scott takes a seat beside him.

"Hey, Stiles. You doing okay?" He asks, leaving his hand on Stiles back.

"Yeah... just stressing," he replies.

"You sure about that? Do you want to talk about it?"

"Kind of... Kind of not... I don't know. I just wanna be with you right now. I just wanna forget about everything that's happening around us. Scott, take me away from here. Take me somewhere we can be alone. Away. Free to be ourselves," he begs.

"Y-you want to run away?" Scott asks, slightly confused. "But what about.."

"Scott I don't care! I really fuckin don't. I only care about you. I understand if you don't want to come with me... But I have to get the fuck out of this town. I can't deal with this shit anymore it's driving me insane! Stay if you want... But I really don't know how much longer I can go on for. This town is fucked," he exclaims, tears pricking his eyes.

"Stiles... are you being serious? You want to throw all this away and move?" Scott asks.

"Yes!" He yells out, the tears now slowly falling down his face. Scott wipes them all away, a small smile on his face. "I- maybe I'm not thinking this through... im sorry Scotty." He brings his hands up to cover his face.

"Stiles. You're right. Fuck this place. Let's go. Let's get out of here," Scott replies, pulling Stiles into a hug. "Whatever you want to do, I'll be there all the way with you."

Stiles let's out muffled sobs into Scott's shoulder. "Thank you," he whispers. Scott doesn't say anything in response. He just holds Stiles close to him.

-----

Stiles and Scott walk to Stiles room. They had already been to Scott's place, he packed a bag for himself. Stiles packs in some clothes, a toothbrush and some money he had saved up.

"We are really doing this huh?" Scott abruptly says.

"Yeah I guess so. If you change your mind just let me know," Stiles replies.

"Hey no way! I'm going all out. No turning back now," he says. Stiles finishes packing and looks out the window. He let's out a sigh. It's dark out. Had to be at least midnight by now.

"You want to go now then?" Stiles asks.

"Fuck it. Let's go," he replies, standing up and grabbing Stiles hand in his. The two walk out the front door, bags in hand, heading for the jeep parked outside.

They chuck the bags in the back and hop in. Then they drive. They just drive. Not a care in the world. All they have is each other.