part 2 (group assignments)

The day started off normally. Stiles drove to Malia's house to pick her up then they both went to school. When they got there only Liam and Mason were there. Hayden was off with her other friends and Kira was running late. Scott and his clique walked past them all and don't say a word. It was like they were in two different hallways. But they weren't. Stiles noticed them but decided not to say anything.

During class everyone sat in the exact same seats as yesterday. Today Scott didn't even turn around to look at Stiles. He was just talking to Lydia. Stiles was a little disappointed at this but he wasn't really surprised because of what his friends told him yesterday at lunch. The class seemed very long and dragged out. Stiles actually fell asleep half way through. He jumped when we heard the bell go, and everyone just stared at him for a bit. Some people laughed some people just stared. After a few seconds they all left the room leaving Stiles and the teacher alone.

"Uh.. sorry sir I just didn't get much sleep last night." Stiles says yawning. Mr Yukimura just nods.

"Try to stay awake in my class next time Stiles. Now go to lunch." He pats Stiles on the shoulder then walks back over to his desk. He nods to his teacher then slowly stands up and starts walking for the door. When he gets outside, Liam and Mason are there waiting for him. They walk to there table together meeting up with Malia, Kira and after a while Hayden joins everyone. They all talk amongst each other. Making jokes and laughing all together. They're probably louder than anyone else in the whole school. Most people just stop what they're doing every now and then and stare at the table they're sitting at. Except Scott's table. They didn't even take a little peek over at us. Stiles noticed that the whole time, no one else did though. Stiles thought the others were probably used to being ignored by that group. Stiles wasn't though. He was used to getting ignored but not by someone who seemed so nice, like Scott yesterday. He seemed so different today. Like a complete different person. The bell rang for class time. Stiles had science... with Scott and Malia. Malia and Stiles walked to their class together. They made it there quickly and found 2 empty seats next to each other. They sat down and talked to each other until the teacher came to class. She took awhile which was fine by all the kids. Scott didn't have any of his friends in his class so he just sat there alone. He sat next to Stiles and Malia sat on the other side of Stiles. The teacher finally came to class and started talking about boring stuff.

"You will be assigned to groups. And no you don't get to pick them." Miss Raye says to the class. Everyone groans and the last part but the teacher just continues. "Okay so first group is Malia, Stiles and Scott." That's all Stiles paid attention to. Malia and Stiles looked at each other with wide eyes. Then they looked at Scott. Scott turned around and smiled at the two before turning back and listening to the teacher. Malia and Stiles lean in closer to whisper to each other.

"What the he'll just happened?" Stiles says first.

"No idea... I don't even know if I'm dreaming or not." Malia soon follows up.

"How do I know I'm not dreaming?!" Stiles whispers a little too loud. Scott grins a little but stays facing towards the front.

"We need to tell the others. They are gonna flip out!" Malia whispers, over exaggerating her hand gestures.

"Of course we have to! Why wouldn't we. That would probably make us the worst friends in all history. I'm gonna tell them right now!" Stiles pulls out his phone and starts texting the friend group chat.

Stiles: hey guys. I've got something pretty important to tell you all.

Kira: okay what is it.

Stiles: guess who Malia and I just got partnered with!

Liam: who?

Mason: yeah who?

Stiles: SCOTT FREAKING MCCALL!

Kira: wow are you serious right now?!

Mason: no you're joking. That's not possible.

Hayden: you've got to be kidding me! How in all hell did the two new guys get partnered before we ever even spoke to him.

Mason: ikr so not even fair!

Liam: legit the first day of Stiles being here Scott talked to him. When I first got here he didn't even look at me.

Kira: ooh maybe he sees something nice in Stiles.

Stiles: do you even hear yourself right now? How could someone like Scott, popular as shit like someone like me, the new kid at school.

Malia: Stiles he's staring at you right now! Don't look.

Stiles: MALIA! TAKE A PICTURE!

Malia: ok give me a second.

27 seconds later.

Malia:

Stiles: OMGOMGOMGOMG HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!

Kira: I told you so didn't I.

The bell goes off and makes Stiles jump a bit. Scott chuckles and smiles widely.

Mason: guys meet at Stiles locker.
Read 1:10

Malia and Stiles walk out of class and start for Stiles locker. Everyone had left the class before the pair. So they were alone. The halls were empty mainly because most people were in the lunch room. All the lacrosse players were training. So it was just them. They walked in silence for a bit then they started fan girling over what just happened in science. They got to Stiles locker and Mason and Liam were there.

"Hey guys. Where are the girls?" Stiles says.

"They're getting lunch." Liam says smiling. Stiles gives them a weird look as if he's suspicious about something. Liam shrugs his shoulders still smiling widely. "Soooo... what happened in class?"

"Well the teacher was assigning us into groups." Malia starts, crossing her arms. "We were the first two names to be called out. Then it was Scott. Stiles and I just looked at eachothers in disbelief then we texted all yous."

They 4 friends keep talking amongst each other waiting for the girls to get there. Stiles starts getting really light headed.

"Hey Stiles are you okay?" Malia says. Stiles can hardly hear her. He starts feeling very light. He starts falling backwards and nearly sacks his head really hard on the ground. But someone catches him before he does...