Chapter 22: Not My Shower Gel...

Later on when I woke up I walked out into the central control room and saw Kai and Rayven leaning up cuddled against each other, their faces buried in a screen. I wondered what they were watching as we didn't get Netflix on a moon just outside of Jupiter.

As I walked up I saw that they were looking at what seemed like a map. I then noticed it was indeed a topographical map of where we were. A few places were marked as the places we've been, seeing as how we've been here for a while we decided to explore a while back after what had happened to the ship.

Kai looked up at me and pointed to a certain spot on the map that was thick with the lush jungle and nodded. "This is where I'm thinking about exploring next," he said looking at me. "You wanna come with?" I smiled at him with excitement and nodded my head.

"Yea, of course. Just let me go get ready and tell Memphis I'm going out." I said. He and Rayven both smiled and went "Awwwww" really loud purposely embarrassing me.

Rayven brushed her now shoulder length blue hair out of her eyes and cocked her head looking at me. "So...what happened to Halcyon?" She asked, a question we had all asked before to ourselves, but now it finally came up.

I shrugged my shoulders looking at her in complete honesty. "I don't know. She wasn't here when we fought Ember and nobody's seen her since. I was worried at first but, I'm sure she's taking care of herself. I don't know what happened though.." I said trailing off.

"Okay." She sighed, taking a breath. "Let's go baby, you gotta get ready." She said pulling Kai up with her. Of all of us he was the only one who looked somehow the same as always. Except me, since I had cleaned up earlier. He still had long blonde hair on top and shaved sides and back. He also had those same stormy yet calm grey eyes. "And you," Rayven said pointing at me and shoving her finger in my chest, "Have to go tell your woman that you're going on another date with my man." I laughed and walked off to the elevator going down a floor.

As I got in the room, Memphis was still asleep and i sat down waking her up lightly with a small and sweet, light kiss while shaking her a bit. She groaned before sitting up in my shirt and wrapping her arms around my shoulders and burying her head in my neck. "I've got another 'date' with Kai baby." I said quietly.

"If he keeps on taking you from me, him and I are gonna fight. When's he gonna propose?" She asked very sarcastically. I laughed and kissed her deeply before reminding her that I was hers only and I walked to the other side of the wall in my room.

When you stepped in there was the king sized bed to the left and another one on the right. There was a dresser at the foot of either bed leaned against the side walls, and directly across from the door there was another larger wall with a mirror and sink. On the other side of the wall was a toilet and rather large shower.

I turned on the shower and looked st myself in the other mirror on this side of the wall before I stripped off my clothes and got in. As I showered, something began to happen. My skin began to feel weird, almost as if something liquid but solid was sliding across it. I looked down to see a deep and dark bluish kind of liquid creeping across my skin making its way to my arms and i knew this was not, absolutely NOT my shower gel.

I began to panic, though not out loud, not wanting to scare Memphis. It didn't hurt anyways, it was just cold. As I began to breath heavily and faster I told myself to calm down and try to be reasonable. Everyone else had gifts of some kind...maybe I was a shape shifter?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes letting it take over one arm, whatever it was. When it settled covering my hand I tapped it and brushed it with my free hand only to be surprised when I figured out it wasn't muscle. It looked like a second layer of skin or muscle, but instead it seemed hard as a rock. Yet I could still move my arm and hand, and I actually seemed much more flexible. As if whatever this was didn't take over my arm, but instead free it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath rolling my head back and forcing this to go away. I looked down as I wished it away and watched as it seeped into my skin melting into my flesh and then disappearing completely. I sat there in shock as I let the cool water rush over my head and body and I turned it off.

As I stepped out of the shower I toweled off my hair and shook my head to return my hair back to it's natural silver messy state. As I wrapped the towel around my waist I walked out from behind the wall and saw Memphis standing there getting dressed looking in the mirror. She was wearing just black panties and a bra and as I walked in she pulled on some dark pants. The pants we wore were either cargo tough material, or like some kind of almost nylon/leather.

As she put on my shirt she noticed me standing there in just a towel and looked at me cocking her head. "Whats wrong baby?" She asked me, her voice clearly filled with concern. Guess I didn't hide this well.

I sighed and took a deep breath, looking at her. "Umm. Baby. I think I might have discovered a part of my gift...but I need you not to freak out honey." She squealed in delight and happiness of me finding a part of my gift.

"Wait, what do you mean don't freak out baby?" She asked suddenly. It was  Then that I let the blue/back liquid envelope and cover my right arm completely as she stared at me in awe, slack jawed.