Chapter 6: Cookin'

It all happened so fast. I sat back and watched in awe as Rayven practically flew across the room and slammed her fist into the other girls jaw.
The supermodel somehow turned into superwoman and had Rayven by the neck and as if on cue, Rayven swung her legs up and kicked her attacker in the back of her head causing her to drop Rayven. She stood up and smashed her face into the glass shelf nearby cutting up the other girls face.

Kai was staring wide eyed and jaw dropped and i was doing the same. We were not going to mess with this girl. Rayven picked the girl up and throat punched her, then while she was doubled over kicked her in the face sending her into the hallway. The she proceeded to straight up elbow drop her enemy as if she was in the WWE, resulting in a very loud and audibe crack. After she was done she stood up and dusted off her pants and shirt and walked back into the room.

"Can I have a bottle of water or something?" She asked nonchalantly as if she didn't just wreck the now very dead supermodel outside. Kai grinned as if she was the love of his life. "Um. Yea...sure. Here you go. It's fresh and everything. Do you like water? Waters good." He said sounding like a lovestruck idiot.

I sighed. "Hey Kai, shouldnt we go introduce her to Memphis and Zeke?"
He frowned a bit, obviously upset that he wouldn't still have one on one time with her anymore and took a deep breath. "Yea..I guess." He looked at her and asked if she was ready to go. She nodded her head and we all took off down the hall again...except for Rayven who went the opposite direction where I had just come from.

Kai looked at me with a confused look and I shrugged my shoulders just as confused as he was. We proceeded to follow her until she got to the lounge room where she saw my other guest.
"Who is this?" She asked. I walked forward and crouched down next to them as Rayven plopped down on a couch nearby. "I don't know," I said. "While you were still dead - um - unconscious, I was exploring down here and unfortunately met them."

"Unfortunate for them or unfortunate for you?" She asked. I looked at the room with broken tables and flipped over couches. "Both." I said remembering the fight.

"Well," she said. "We gonna see who this is?" I looked at her and then at Kai who gave me a "go ahead" look. "Sure. I guess." I said as I proceeded to pull off the helmet. Underneath was of course, a mask, and I pulled that off of them as well. The attacker was a guy with black hair that was short and clean cut and a slight beard. I looked at Rayven to see if she recognized him and she shook her head.

"Let's just leave him." I said. Kai and Rayven shrugged their shoulders noting that they didn't care and I agreed.

We soon headed back into the hallway and she approached the wall and i stopped her. "Hey, We gotta introduce you to some people. What are you doing?" She looked at me as if I were someone who was slow. "Why don't you just take the elevator?" She asked.
I paused and turned around to see Kai looking at me and I looked back at him equally lost.

She sighed and placed her hand on a portion of the wall that was currently raised up. The minute she did it went down and the smooth wall before us slid wide open to reveal a metal box illuminated a light bluish color. Rayven gestured for us to come inside the elevator and we did finding it surprisingly roomy. There was a panel lined with a bunch of buttons leading down. I'd say there was about 20 and she casually punched one as if she had been here before.

The doors slammed shut with a metallic thud and we took off. "So where are we going?" She asked. I looked at Kai hesitantly and said
"Control Room?" She looked at me and nodded, then punched another button and after a few seconds we stopped and the doors opened up again. In front of us was the familiar room with the holographic planet and desks with computers, the hatch and the bathrooms, one of which Kai rushed to.

I looked around and just behind the holographic planet I saw a bulking form and Zeke came out from behind it noticing me first, then Rayven. He smiled. "Well hello pretty lady." He said. "Where's Kai?"

I looked at him and threw a thumb to the bathroom from which Kai busted out of. "Hey, calm down Zeke. She's new here." He said, his tattooed arm brushing hair out of his eyes.

"Okay, okay man. I get it. No flirting with the pretty girl.." said Zeke with a quiet "rawr". I looked away from him and walked over to the globe and let Kai introduce Rayven to Zeke and stuff.

"Hey, wheres Memphis?" I asked, trying to avoid Kai giving me the fake love eyes. Zeke turned his attention away from showing Rayven what a hunk he was for a second and looked at me. "Oh uhhh. I think she's in the kitchen?" He said. I nodded and headed down the hatch to the kitchen.

When I got in I was met with the smell of someone cooking and I noticed the room was actually really tidy. It was clean and someone cleaned it all up nice. I noticed Memphis was the one cooking and she noticed me as well. She smiled when she saw me and waved me over to her at the stove which was right near the center of the kitchen against a wall.

I walked over and she looked at me with a grin. "So..." She said. "Did you find the labs?" She asked. I looked at her and smiled. "Yes..we did. We also found something else....or rather someone else." She paused and looked at me carefully. "Who?" She asked.

"A girl...named Rayven." She looked at me and then without warning pushed me up against the counter and got really close to me and rubbed her hip on my thigh and whispered in my ear.

"As long as you know what's happening between us I'm fine." She said as she bit my neck lightly. She then kissed it and walked away towards the fridge on the other side of the room, smiling.