Chapter 20: Silver Screams and Night Dreams

As we ran forward the newly named Ember flew straight at me, obviously seeing me as the first and immediate
threat, even though I was the only one who didn't have any powers, all I had was a gauntlet with a shiny glowing sword in it. 

As Ember flew at me, in a split second I saw Beckett dash in front of me from my left ramming his fist into Ember's face, leaving a blue cracked spot on the left side.

This caused Ember to fly and smash against the far wall where the hatch was. He left a dent in the wall and he stood up looking even more pissed off than ever and he walked directly towards me. As he approached me with a blazing anger in his golden eyes I swung my fist at him. He dodged it as i had hoped and when he did I caught his neck under my arm and dropped down to the floor with his head hitting it first.

He stood up in what seemed like a second and went to kick me, though I dodged it and grabbed his leg swinging him with all of my force Into a nearby desk, shattering it. Then before he had to get up I smashed his face into the nearest computer screen, cutting his face up even more.

I went to flip him over and grab his neck but he kicked the shit out of me, sending me flying across the room.
What neither of had noticed was Beckett, using his gift, had walked up the wall and hung directly over Ember. Before he could realize what was happening and looked up, Beckett  dropped from the ceiling, planting his feet on Ember's chest and face, and then drop kicked him across another desk.

Before he sat up we heard a loud almost war cry and Beckett and I both turned to see Kai jumping off a desk with a heavy chair slamming it into Ember's face. After he dropped the chair he sat down against the wall and Ember slowly got up and looked at him through his broken face.

Kai sighed and I heard him utter the words, "You've got to be kidding me." Under his breath. I ran up and stood in front of the exhausted Kai and before I knew what was happening Ember swung a fist at me nailing me in my jaw. He went to kick me but I grabbed his leg the same way as earlier, this time kicking him in the stomach instead.

He doubled over and I uppercutted his face, snapping his head back. He went to punch me, and I ducked out of the way punching him in the side, followed by one more in the face.

He was now stumbling and staggering but he gripped ahold of me by one arm and pulled me close to him staring at me with his burning yellow eyes. If it wasn't for the yellow eyes and flaming hair and him trying to kill me and my girlfriend, I might've felt pity on him. Unfortunately, I didn't. I swear I thought I saw a shred of Cyrus in him and I almost felt bad. Almost.

While he was staring at me Kai came up behind him and grabbed his neck without him knowing his eyes turning even whiter than before if that was possible, and he whispered something into Ember's ear. At once, Ember screamed out in both pain and fear, as he doubled over and backed away from me. Holding his hand up, his flames flickering.

I didn't know what happened, and honestly I didn't care. I jumped up from the wall he had me pinned against and drop kicked him while Kai shoved him against me. Beckett picked him up and slipped one foot behind Ember's dropping them both to the ground, Ember's face and both landing first and both cracking audibly.

I picked Ember up by the neck and put one hand on his shoulder. His gold eyes widened in fear and I closed mine and I plunged my left arm with the gauntlet and blade fully extended, directly into his stomach with a cracking but also slightly wet sound. As if I cut past rock and made it into the once exsisent human underneath.

I removed both of my arms and stepped back joined by a heavy breathing and exhausted Kai, and an exhausted Beckett as well. He had whiteish clouds puffing out of his mask indicating he was also breathing as heavy as Kai and I.

We looked at Ember who swayed back and forth holding his stomach and looking down at it. He looked up at all three of us with a dead and defeated look in his eyes, the flames seeming to die down. Before we could stop him, he stumbled and plunged backwards out of the glass window into the lush green forest below and was gone without a trace.

Kai, Beckett and I looked at each other, all of us holding exasperated looks on our face. Beckett took off his mask his long black hair as mess just as bad as my silver. We all had a broken grin doubled over and I walked over to Memphis, Zeke and Rayven, and slumped back against the wall, holding Memphis to me.

She sighed and buried her head in my chest. "Is it over?" She asked me in a mumble.

I nodded. "Yea, it's over. For now." I quietly whispered into her hair.

Kai looked at them and looked at me, his white eyes now back to dark grey.
"We need to get them to the lab Rhent. And you too, you look pretty bad. Like you look beaten." He said.

"No. Nah Im good." I said shaking my head. "They do need to get to the lab though." I said as I stood up with Memphis in my arms. I carried her to the elevator, Kai took Rayven and Beckett helped Zeke stumble in it.

We all made our way down to the lab and patched them up, leaving them in there for a little bit, before finally I slumped back against the wall with Kai and Beckett. "So..what did you do? To Ember, back there. When he seemed to be freaking out?" I asked.

He nodded and took a breath. "I let him see what we saw...except you were the one flaming and you were 8 feet tall and had a giant flaming sword protruding from your arm." He said with a grin. There was silence and then All three of us busted out in laughter. We had made it home. Let's just hope there were no more screams or nightmares tonight.

               END OF PART 1