Chapter 5

"Don't you dare do that again, sweetheart", he tilts his head peering deep into my eyes, he slowly loosens his grip around the base of my throat, "This is a warning", his voice spitting venom yet he sounds calm, too calm as if he's trying to hold it together. 

I don't know what to do, I have no smart comments to spit back and even if I did I think I'd be to petrified as his hands stay on my throat, I have no doubt he wouldn't think twice about crushing my windpipe. He finally lets go of my throat and grabs my jaw tightly with one hand, pinching my cheeks together. A knock on the door breaks the silence that I was terrified to break, "Come in", Magic raises his voice not taking his hands or eyes off me. 

"Boss, your mother called she says her and your father are coming for the weekend", he stands tall with his hands behind his back, not at all fazed at the way he's holding me. He looks young, far too young to be one of Magic's men. He looks around my age as me and that's awful, he was probably sucked down this route before he could even get a licence. 

Magic's nose crinkles with anger before letting go of my jaw, he takes a few steps back not taking his deadly glare off me, "That's great, thanks Demetrius"

Demetrius walks out the room, I turn my eyes towards Magic. His eyes haven't left me and I hate it.  "You will be my girlfriend, acting all sweet and innocent and if I hear a you make as much as a disrespectful comment with that fat mouth of yours, you will be punished which will cause you a lot of pain, do you understand Charlotte?"

I nod in response with a blank expression, "When I ask you a question, you reply with words. So, I ask again do you understand me Charlotte?" He speaks with confidence. 

"Yes", I stare into his ocean eyes. "Your Majesty", I press my lips together to not laugh, I probably shouldn't provoke him when I'm already annoyed him. He tilts his head taking in my sarcasm, his eyes twitching, It's a shame that someone so disgustingly awful can get beautiful ocean blue eyes like his. 

"Go to your room, food will be taken up. Stay in there the rest of this night", he orders me. He ignored my comment so I guess he doesn't do shit he says.

"May I ask you a question?", I ask with pouted lips.

"You may not, now go before I drag you", he points to the door, I cross my arms over my chest to challenge him, his lip curls up with anger and he steps forward. I roll my eyes and walk out, heading towards my room.

I slam the door behind me and slide down against it. I let tears fall down my cheek trying to calm my breathing, this can't be real. I can't keep this up, I can't keep the fearless act up. I take a few breaths to calm myself down, I have to be strong. I have to not let him get to me and I have to fight if I want to see my friends and family again, I'm going to fight no matter what... I promise myself.

After I finally collect myself, I walk over to the mirror to look at myself. I've got a red hand mark on my face over my cheeks, my eyes are puffy and red. I trail down to the red mark on my throat where he grabbed me. I push back the tears reminding myself that I'm so strong and I'll get through this. I open the glass wardrobe door, sliding it to the side. It was fully stocked with clothes and at the bottom was a shoe rack stocked with heels, trainers and flat shoes.  I pick out pyjamas and walk over to the bed. Just as I was away to sit down on my bed a knock on my door gains full attention, I stare at it debating weather to open it. I sigh before slowly bringing the door ajar,  peeking my head through. A women stands with a tray of food with a small smile on her face, she's wearing some type of maid outfit, I open the door wider and take the tray out of her hands with a small thank you, It must be awful to work for someone like Magic. Once I close the door I sit on my bed, I debate weather to eat that too in case it's drugged but then I thought, would he drug me when his parents are due tomorrow? I don't know him so I shouldn't assume what he would and wouldn't do. My stomach grumbles as I stare at the food, I slowly eat the chicken and roast potatoes with my thoughts circling about everything that has happened. After I was done I place the tray on the floor beside my bed and I turn over flipping my body under the duvet.

I close my eyes hoping to drift into a peaceful sleep but that didn't happen, I couldn't sleep at all and my mind is wide awake with what could happen tomorrow if I don't obey him. I turn onto my side and the alarm clock read 1:00 am on the bedside table. I sit up swinging my legs off the bed, walking towards the door. I open it slowly which causes it to squeak but it was quiet. My forehead wrinkles, I open it far enough to slip though, I hope no one heard that. I walk down the large hall taking a sharp right turn. I come to a large door, I hear mumbling coming from the inside of the door, it sounds like a tv. This could be Magic's room, do I want to find out? Hell yeah I do, I knock lightly on the door and nothing happens. I knock again but slightly louder than last time and the mumbling stops. I hear footsteps approach the door getting louder with each step, the door opens fast and there he is, he looks down to my petite body.

"I told you to stay in your room", he scowls.

__________________________

Please vote, comment and follow😊

 Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕