Chapter 29

Charlotte's POV

I stand still with my hand shielding the headlights from my eyes, It's so bright and my heart is racing because I almost got run over, I'm already injured I don't think I would survive being hit by a car as well. When I heard my name and the car door slam shut, confusion ripples through me. 

"Charlotte, are you okay?", her body blocks the light from shining in my eyes, then I see her. 

"Agent Woods?", I say. Why is she here? She's wearing a black dress that ends mid thigh, she's wearing makeup looking to impress someone with black heels to match her dress. 

"Yes, come on. You must be freezing", she looks down my body, "Your leg!", she gasps. 

I look down, I am cold but I'm hurt so I don't feel the cold. I'm also aware that I'm still wearing a bikini with a bulletproof vest and blood had been dripping down my leg since a knife was stuck in it. "Come on", she persuades me. As I limp to her car the adrenaline begins to wash away, that adrenaline was holding my emotions back.

I sit in the car looking at my thigh where the knife is sticking out, It's starting to hurt really bad. "Did Magic do this to you?", she asks as she puts the car in drive. 

"No!", I snap. "Vlad", my voice coming out shaky. 

"I'll ask questions after, right now get rest as I take you to the hospital"

"The hospital? I don't wanna go to the hospital"

"You may not want to but you need too", she tells me. 

My eyes heavy as I look out the window, it's dark. My body relaxes by the heat in the car, my body is drained. Worn out. My eyes becoming heavy as I stare out at the passing trees. I sigh when my eyes close and my body feels safe. Not one hundred  safe but safe enough to drift off to sleep with my lower body feel numb, well I think it's sleep.

I hear a slow beep echo, my body awake before my brain. It takes me a beat to register the noises going on around me, I slowly open my eyes and the bright light instantly getting a sorehead. I groan sitting up as I rub my forehead,  "Good you're awake", I hear her voice. 

I take in my surroundings, I'm in a hospital room, attached to a monitor. I glance down to the white sheet around me, I push off the sheet seeing my bandaged leg. I'm also wearing a hospital gown. It no longer aches, "Doesn't hurt because they gave you something for the pain", she sits down at the side of the bed on the chair. This is the first time I'm seeing her wearing uniform, with her badge on her hip. Her buttoned suit opened and her white shirt buttoned all the way up leaving two unbuttoned at the top.   "You lost a lot of blood and your body is drained, you need to drink a lot of water and eat some food which they're getting you now" 

I pull the sheet back over me and lean back against the pillow, when I hear the door click open my eyes snap up and two officers walk in, they give me a tight smile before sitting down at the bottom of the bed where two chairs sit.  "We'd like to ask you questions and we would like you to answer honestly", Agent Woods says which brings my attention to her for a split second. 

I look to the two male officers, "What are they doing here?"

"They are observing, taking notes", she says. "So, why were you at Vladimir's?"

"Do you know who he is?", I ask. If she knows who he is too and what he has done then why haven't they taken him down like they're trying to with Magic. 

She nods, "Why were you there?"

"They kidnapped me", I bluntly answer.

 "Who is they?"