Chapter 18

I stand still as I look at this tall woman standing behind me, I have no idea who she is but for some odd reason she knows my name. But it seems like everyone knows my name, mostly as Magic's girlfriend but they do, and they avoid me at any costs in this club, acting as if I'll belittle them like Magic does to everyone, he has to dominate everyone and that's why he has a hard time with me. 

"Who are you?", I ask inhaling a deep breath. I wipe my hands dry with a paper towel and turn towards her. I stand tall, holding the confidence I've been striving the entire night.

"I'm agent Woods, I've been watching you all night. My partner has kept eyes on you too and word on the block is that, you're Magic's girlfriend"

"Agent?" 

"I've been working a serious case, for years now and I think I just found a solution", she speaks with confidence. She has a voice that isn't high pitched at all, and her New York accent is clear as certain pronunciations subside. I watch as she looks me up and down, "You're a missing person in Scotland, but here you are and you don't seem missing"

I'm not entirely sure how to respond, how am I meant to trust her? She says she's an agent but is she? She could work for Vlad for all I know. I glance at the door wondering if I could make an escape but she glances to the door almost knowing. "Have you got a badge?" 

She smiles and pulls on her dress strap, tugging at it. A small badge is clipped to her black bra on the strap. I'm still not sure to trust it, I've gained some trust issues since being kidnapped. "I've been working on the case of the famous Magic, let me tell you something. He is a hard criminal to catch. I've been trying to catch him since he was around your age"

I scoff, "Surely can't be that hard to corner him and take him down, police have guns...use them"

It's her turn to scoff as if I'm stupid, "I need a name to that arrest and no one knows his name. I need to build a case on his criminal activities, we know he's a criminal but we need the evidence. We tried swatting him once, it didn't end well and my previous partner got killed along with a lot of other good cops. We've tried getting finger prints but we can never find which means, he burnt his fingerprints off or he has someone wiping down everything he touches, we've tried every single thing to capture him but it always becomes a dead end. Now this is where you would come in for our last resort", she's speaking with conviction. Trying to get me to be on her side, trying to convince me of whatever point she's leading to. "We need you to gather information being his girlfriend and all"

I'm quick to shut it down, "I'm not his girlfriend"

"Well, we need you to tell us what you know", she says like I know everything.

"I don't know a thing", he keeps me in the dark.

"Not even his name? Where he cooks up all his products?"

I shake my head, "He keeps me in the dark", I speak my thoughts. "I'm not even sure I trust you yet"

She nods, "I understand that, but so you know. I'm not the bad guy, I'm trying to take down the bad guy. Whatever you want in rewards to helping us take him down, we'll grant you it", I glance at the door again. Would they help me? Maybe if I help them they'll help me home. 

"We just need you to gain his trust, enough trust that he'll tell you things such as his real name, we need a name to look up on"

"And you'll grantee my freedom?"

She nods, "Freedom?" 

"Yes, freedom away from here. Home back to Scotland"

She nods slightly, "No problem"