Chapter 33

Charlotte's POV

Isabella and I climb into the back seat of the black SUV as the men put the bags into the boot, I had such a great time and it was comforting having a woman friend after months of missing my friends back home. Isabella is great and I know she's missing her children and husband, I think I'll talk to Magic again about moving her family out here and giving them their own apartment, I know she'd love it and having them here will have the reassurance that they're safe.

We sat down for lunch and had a delicious meal, it felt very rich on the tongue. We're now on our way home after a day of shopping, I'm tired and would like to rest my legs for a while. My thigh is healing well which is amazing and taking pain killers has helped with the pain so I barely feel anything now. My ankle also no longer hurts, the pain is completely gone.

"Thank you for today", Isabella says.

"No, thank you. It's good to have another woman to talk to other than men"

She laughs in response, "Yes it is good to have another woman to talk too", she agrees.

When we get home she tells me she's going to her room to put away her things, after her saying no multiple times I of course bought her things...well I didn't because it was Magic's money. Since Magic said go nuts I did indeed go nuts, Joel helped me upstairs to my room with my bags leaving them by the wardrobe. When I'm left alone I fall back onto my bed and the weight immediately lifts off my feet, "Hmmm", I moan with relaxation. My phone chimes in my pocket and I pull it out, I smile when I see the message.

Magic: We're in England now, just driving to Lizzy's parents house.

Me: That's great, thank you for taking care of her.

I'm so happy that Lizzy will reunite with her family, I can picture her face and it makes me smile. It makes my heart warm with happiness, Magic is a good man and I'm realising that. He does do bad things but deep down he's a sweetheart.

The rest of the day pretty much flies by, I occupied myself with putting all my new clothes away. Around supper time I helped Isabella cook something she use to make in her home town, it was delicious and I pretty much only prepared the food since I had no idea what to do. I've spent pretty much the whole day with Isabella and I loved it, I wanted to give her more of a break so we watched a movie together and had a delicious hot cup of coco, Nick came in half way through the movie and sat on the couch, he was so invested in the chick flick we picked.

I'm now laying in bed just staring up into the darkness, I had a good day today. It was different and I enjoyed having that female company around more than usual, I just wish I could have more female company like Harper and Ava. I use to love having sleepovers, getting drunk and watching movies with them and we always had to order a dominos.

Ripping me from my thoughts my phone begins to ring on the bedside table, I stretch over pulling the charger out and bringing it to my ear.

"Hello?", I say.

"Hello, I hope your day wasn't too boring without me?", His deep voice speaks, I can hear a lot of noise on his end and a whole lot of wind.

I laugh falling back against my pillow, "Nope, I had a good day. Isabella and I had a nice lunch, we cooked dinner and we watched a movie with hot chocolate, it was good female company"

"She did do her work though right?"

I tut, "Give her a break, the house is always spotless. You can't have her working twenty-four seven"

He sighs, "Are you telling me how to treat my employees?"

"Yes", I say with no hesitation.

"Fair enough", he lets out a short deep laugh.