Chapter 13

TW

Magic's POV

Gripping at the base of her throat as she seems unfazed, her words hit me, making my anger topple over. "Fuck you", she spits out. Instead of doing what I normally would do to any man that has worked for me, I grab her by the thighs and throw her over my shoulder. My legs are moving before I can even register, she thrashes in my arms and I throw her into the pool. She screams aloud before hitting the water and disappearing. She comes back above the water gasping for air.

"Next time it wont be a pool", I cross my arms over my chest.

Her head dips back under water as she tries treading the water, I watch as she begins to struggle. Panic eats at me as I jump in the pool and grab her, keeping her above the water. I had no idea that she couldn't swim. My heart beating fast with adrenaline, "Are you okay?", worry clear in my voice. I push her blonde hair away from her face, she breathing heavy with her eyes closed.

She opens her eyes slowly, my hand cupping the side of her face. I'm trying to figure out if she's okay since she hasn't said anything. A smile curls up on her plump red lips before she bursts out in a fit of laughing in my arms. I let her go feeling like an idiot.

"That's not funny", I pull myself out of the pool.

"You should have seen your face, you were so concerned", she continues to laugh.

"No, I wasn't", I deny.

"Yes you were, you care about me", she pouts placing a hand over her heart.

"I don't. I just didn't want a dead blonde floating in my pool, I like my pools clean", she continues to laugh at me before climbing out the pool and squeezing the water out of her t-shirt.

"I'll get you to at least smile one day"

"I highly doubt that", I stare at her as she continues to squeeze the bottom of her t-shirt.

"Whatever big man", she pats my shoulder and walks away back inside. "Oh and...", she turns around placing a hand flat on my chest, I look down wondering what she's doing. "I've realised something, you'll never hurt me physically, you're a pussy" he applies hard pressure. I fall back into the pool trying to drag her in with me but she gets away. She laughs loudly running back inside, her laugh high pitched full of success.

he is going to drive me fucking nuts, I should've come alone and just trusted Nick to watch her.

I pull myself back out the pool and drag my soaked body inside, I close the sliding door behind me since the sun is going down. I grunt when a loud knock sounds the front door. I open it and my bodyguard looks me up and down, taking in my wet jeans, "Jesus, what happened boss?"

"Get to the point, Joel", I'm soaked and not in the mood to stand here. If he has something to tell me then he should because he isn't suppose to disturb me unless it's important.

"I know we're not suppose to bother you at all but Nick called, he is asking if you'll be back in time for your club opening?"

I sigh massaging my temple, I forgot about the club opening next week due to everything that has been going on, from Charlotte to D's death. I nod trying to clear my thoughts, "Yeah, make sure to get Charlotte a dress, she won't be leaving my side all night. Tell Nick to get her more than one dress", I don't want her walking in a dress she doesn't like and doesn't feel comfortable in because if I don't she'll complain all night.

He nods, "Uhm, sir?", he says hesitant to ask me a question. "Why didn't you follow through with the plan?"

I stare into his honey coloured eyes, fear sitting behind them. Fear that I'll snap at him for questioning me. "Because doing what you think is right, might not actually be the right thing to do"

"So, what will you do about the girl? Send her on her way like the others?"

"Does she seem like a girl that should be on her own right now without protection?"

He shakes his head before looking back at the black SUV parked at the side of the drive way, "My wife always asks what I'm doing working for someone like you, I always say that you are a good guy...", I raise my hand to stop him, I'm no good guy. He continues despite me telling him to stop, "You act like you're not but protecting that girl tells me that the words I speak to my wife are true", he turns a heel and heads back to the SUV.

I close the door and turn to see Charlotte standing tall with shorts and a black vest top, my first thought is, how much did she hear?

"I'm hungry", she crosses her arms over her chest, it pushes her breasts up making her cleavage burst out the top. I divert my eyes back to her jade ones.

"I need to change", I walk by her and up the stairs to the master bedroom. I quickly change into grey joggers and look out the large window to the view, the sun setting in the distance making the sky an orange colour.

"You were going to hand me over to that Vladimir were you?", her voice soft behind me. I didn't even know she followed me.

"Did you just watch me change?"

She shrugs, "Don't worry, it's nothing I want", Ouch. "Why didn't you?"

"What?", I sigh and sit on the bottom of the bed to pull on socks.

"Why didn't you just hand me over, it would've saved D right?"

I freeze at the mention of D, "You don't get to speak about him like you knew him or cared for him"

"Why can't you just answer my question?", she heard my entire conversation with Joel and I can tell whatever I said hurt her or whatever he said. I'm not keeping her to make her happy, I'm keeping her close to keep her safe.

"Charlotte, not now", I shake my head.

"Then when? You don't talk, you've got dead humour, and you're keeping me against my will so why can't I ask questions and you just simply answer?", this woman continues to insult me at least ten times a day.

"Because you don't need to know everything"

"In your case, I don't need to know nothing at all. Even though it's about me and you won't tell me. I have a right to know", I can tell she's becoming frustrated.

"You want to know that I regret not turning you in because I'd still have my brother! You really want to know that I now have to protect you cause Vlad will do anything in his power to get his hands on you? You want to know that I am suffering consequences for killing Vlad's wife? Hmm? You want to know that I had to find you, find someone that looked like his wife because he's sick in the head and can't let her go? He's sick...psychotic and If I hand you over he will keep you locked up like a fucking dog, he will rape you, torture you, you may look like her but you are nothing like that psycho bitch! I've watched it happen to my mother, I don't want any woman to go through that so stop asking questions!", I grab a white vest from the wardrobe and walk past her as I pull it over my head and head back downstairs, leaving her standing in shock. I feel my anger snapping slowly and shouting at Charlotte won't calm me down.

______________________________

This is a well overdue chapter, I've been rather busy and had no time to write😔 but I'm back and I'm going to be releasing a chapter or more every Sunday. I had some time to write today and I've left you in the dark for about two weeks, that is why a chapter is going up today! Enjoy and I hope you're all doing well💖

Please vote, comment and follow😊

Don't be a silent reader

Love you all💕