Chapter 36

1 Week later

Charlotte's POV

I stare at the white popcorn ceiling feeling the unusual atmosphere in my own home, it's quiet and having my mother around to check up on me each day and with the company from my friends I still manage to feel lonely compared to when I was at Magic's. I think about him everyday, more than I want too. I can still see the outline of his face as I lay in the dark each night when trying to sleep, I always want to reach out and trace lines on his face... I didn't think he would be my constant thought but he is. I always relive the moment as he left the hospital room with the look of defeat on his face, his words still stinging deep in my heart. The words, "Well, I should be grateful for did",  cut deeper as the minutes of him leaving went by, ever since then it only got deeper. I want to visit him but I wouldn't know what to say to him, he might not even want to see me at all. 

I didn't go into detail to my mother or friends about everything, all they know is that I was kidnapped and I don't think they want to ask questions, I don't think I would even want to answer them. I glance over to my phone on the pillow beside me, the urge to call the prison and ask if I can book a visit or just find a way to talk to him becomes stronger but then I stop myself thinking what if he doesn't want to hear from me at all, yet again I basically put him in prison. 

"Charlotte!", I hear my mothers voice and the sound of her footsteps becoming louder outside my bedroom door. She lightly knocks before turning the handle and peeping her head through the gap. 

I smile softly at her as she enters my room, "Morning sweetie, I thought we could go out for a coffee today or lunch?", she sits at the bottom of my bed. It's strange seeing my mother be so sweet, she use to be hard on me but it looks like ever since she got me back she's scared of losing me again.

"Sure", I nod. 

"I'll leave you to get ready", she pats my thigh trying to give me affection. She stands up and fixes her cardigan before leaving the room. 

When picking out my outfit I stand in front of the mirror in my underwear, my eyes staring down at the scar on my thigh. I run my fingers over the lumped scarring, my mind immediately drifting to Magic again. I turn around reaching for my phone on the pillow, I dial the prison number blocking anything telling me not too but with knowing the exact prison he's at is tempting and I've dialled it many time but never went through with it. Knowing the expenses of making an international call doesn't seem to faze me. The noise of the phone call connecting chimes in my ear and I wait to hear someone talk. 

"Hello, this is Franklin penitentiary how may I help you?" 

"Uhm hello... Can I pass a message on to one of the inmates?"

Silence fills the phone call, "I'm sorry but if you're needing to contact an inmate it would need to be via letter, they receive mail Monday and Wednesday's", Why didn't I think of sending a letter to see if I he sends one back?

"Okay, thank you", 

"No problem", she says before ending the call. I sigh falling back on my bed, at least if I send a letter and he sends one back then maybe I can fly to New York knowing he wants to see me, getting he money to do it would be the problem. 

Magic's POV

"Uhm...Boss?", I hear Martin at the cell door. 

I turn to him leaning my arm on the steel chair, "What is it?", Martin got snatched up a few years ago fucking up one of my drug deals but he never ratted any of us out so he's still one of us and he use to be one of the best on the frontline. 

"I heard a girls name going around and I don't know if the name means anything to you but Maxwell and some of the other guys are stirring the pot more about it"

"What name?" 

"Charlotte, something about her being a rat and someone has been paid to get her"

"Who paid!?", I raise my voice which cause him to take a step back. 

"I don't know who, just that she done you dirty and that's why you're in here"

I clench my fist, "Who!?", he shrugs his shoulders in response with worry in his eyes. I push past him making my way to this Maxwell kid that loves gossip so much. When I spot him, his eyes meet mine and they widen, stepping back as I approach him I grab him by the neck with a tightened grip, his friends stepping back not bothering to intervene. 

"Who the fuck set orders to get the woman's name that spills from your mouth!"

His eyes wide as the veins on his forehead begin to pop, a guard comes in to defuse the situation but he wouldn't dare touch me, "Whyte, knock it off", I'm use to Magic but my name is everywhere now.

With a struggled breath he spits out the name, "Ricky...Ricky Whyte", I let go of his throat with my stomach curling...my own father. 

______________________

Happy New Year!

Hello beautiful people!! I know it's been a longgggg time but I took a little break from writing and pretty much everything, I've been moving house, growing a little human and overall being unmotivated but I found the motivation seeing all the comments and messages that come through, you're all so lovely. I hope everyone is well and you enjoyed the chapter. You're all so patient and supportive, and I know it's not a long chapter but I haven't written in so long, I'm unsure when the next chapter will be so bare with me😂

If you want to follow my pregnancy journey then follow me on Instagram, I also made a Twitter which is in my bio. If you want to contact me Wattpad, Instagram and now twitter is the best way to reach me. If you have any question then ask away, I'll try reply to everyone!

Thank you!❤

Please vote, comment and follow😊

Don't be a silent reader❤

Love you all💕