Chapter 22

Charlotte's POV

Standing with her arms crossed over her large chest with her head held high, she wears a long navy dress that has a slit on her left leg, it makes her look much taller as her long shiny leg pokes through the slit, you can tell she works out because of how toned her legs are. "I haven't heard from you, I'm hoping you managed to get some information", she looks down the hall ensuring we're alone before looking the other way making sure no one is coming. 

I look down the hall, following her actions. What is she even doing here, how'd she get in? "I haven't found out anything, I'll need more time for him to trust me", I already feel like he's beginning to trust me because of the way he's acting today. 

"Brothers? His parents name?" 

"I don't think he has siblings but I think his parents are called Mary and Ricky", it feels like so long ago since I met his mother, I barely met his father, he said all of like six words to me and all were rude. 

"Last names?"

"Don't you think If I knew their last names I would've been half way with getting Magic's first name?"

She sighs, trying her hardest to ignore the annoyed tone in my voice, "Any pets? Ex girlfriends?", I shake my head and she continues, "Friends?"

"Just that he had a best friend named Antonio but he passed two years ago and Antonio had a brother called Demetrius but he passed a couple of weeks ago"

"How did he pass?"

"Uhm..", my head swirls as I try remember in detail, "Someone named Vladimir wanted revenge because his wife died or something and I look like the wife...I dunno", I look down trying to remember every conversation I've had but after being locked behind that bars for almost a week and it kind of swiped the pallet clean. 

"You look like this Vladimir's wife?"

"Uhm, yeah. Magic said he wants to keep me safe or something because I look like Vlad's wife and uhm...Vlad wants me, I don't know his last name either. Listen I can see if I can get more information but If I don't go back out there he will come looking for me"

"Fine, I want to start seeing results in this case. I don't want to keep the case for another ten years so get a move on", she walks away. I walk out into the ballroom and see Agent Woods taking a seat at the back table laughing with a man, she's good at acting that's for sure. 

I sit down at my table and try act nonchalant, my eyes roam the room looking for Magic but I can't see him anywhere in this large ballroom. I look around my table and it's filled with men, men that work for Magic of course. I lean over Magic's chair to speak with the bald guy, "Have you seen Magic?"

He looks around, "He was over at that table...", I follow his finger, he is pointing right at Lizzy's table but she's sitting alone and Ivan isn't there, she looks down at her lap, scared to look up. "But I'm not sure where he is now"

"What about Nick?"

"He gave Nick a day off"

I nod and lean back against my own chair. My mind does wonder to Ivan, maybe Magic has taken him some place private to deal with the situation and he's doing it in private to keep this night successful. That's what my mind sets on until Magic takes the stage and begins an auction for many things, holidays, paintings that I've not even heard of and other types of things that you wouldn't believe that people actually bet on.

My feet hurt by the end of the night and I've barely seen Magic again since I promised I wouldn't do anything stupid. Ivan appeared back at the table a few minutes after the auction started, I'd find myself peering back to see if Lizzy is okay but by her tense shoulder I could tell she wasn't, it took everything in me to not cause a scene and pull her away.