⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠋⠉

Chapter 63

"Found you, darling <3"

My hands begin trembling and cannot keep hold of the phone. It clatters against the hardwood and the noise just sets me off even more. The world begins spinning and I hear loud noises all around me.

I turn my head and find myself lost, in another time.

My body feels constricted, arms stiff, legs sore. I feel like I've been awake for days.

The sound of heels clicking against the hard floor draws my attention. They're light and the pace is slow.

"Are you still awake? Huh, you are a resilient little one, aren't you?" Her voice makes my stomach flip and my heart race.

The footsteps stop a few feet in front of me, I can't see her, but I know she's within reach of me.

I could get her.

End this now.

...but why didn't I?

She lets out a deep sigh and takes a few steps closer to me, "I'm an orphan, like you."

I jerk back, trying to get away from her, but a sharp pain shoots up my back and a soft cry escapes my lips. I can't escape.

Her hand grips my jaw, pushing my head up, "Poor, poor kitten. All lost and alone. So small and weak," She leans down to my ear, long strands hair falling into my face, "I'm going to have so much fun with you."

"No!"

My eyes snap open and I'm clutching back onto my phone. I'm still in my living room, nothing else has changed. It's hard to catch my breath, I haven't thought about that stuff in so long. It's all coming back and I'm scared.

Without thinking much about it, almost on instinct, I open my phone and type in Matt's number. Before I hit to call him I pause.

Why am I calling him?

Have I completely isolated myself to the point where this guy, who doesn't even like me, is the only person I have left to turn to?

How pathetic.

My thumb hovers for only a second longer before I give in and call him. It rings only three times before he picks up.

"You okay?"

I can't help myself but to laugh bitterly at that question, "Of course not, otherwise I wouldn't be calling you."

"Okay, little miss ray-of-sunshine, what seems to be bothering you on this particular morning?"

My mouth opens but no words come out. It takes so much strength to psych myself up to say her name again, it takes so much strength to even fathom saying it in such a defeated way. She's found me. She found a way to get to me. She's probably listening to me right now.

She knows about Matthew. You just put him in danger you fucking idiot. God you can't do anything right.

My face burns hot along with my eyes stinging with tears, it hurts so much to feel this weak.

To be this weak.

I don't want to be weak anymore.

"Ember?"

"Savior."