⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠃⠑

Chapter 25

"You've gotten taller." I comment while pulling Skyler into a hug.

She laughs, her chest vibrating slightly against me, "No, you've just grown shorter. What are you know? Four eleven?"

I pull away and cross my arms defensively, "Five foot three." She gives me a look, knowing that I'm lying, and I let out a defeated sigh, "Five two."

She snickers slightly, being naturally a giant with built in stilts- she's five seven and still chooses to wear heels, "Well hon, I get to dress you up like a Barbie today."

She skips off towards my room, her fringe of curls bouncing a bit, which is a rather stark appearance against the rest of her shaved head. I shake my head but suddenly realize what she just said, I run off towards her, "Didn't agree to this!"

Did I mention that Skyler was a model? Well she is, and she is the most beautiful person I have probably ever met. Her dark skin is contrasted against the gold specs in her eyes, and she is blessed with ever clear skin; but she has one beauty mark right underneath her eye.

Her father was part of a large company always went over seas and her mother was a well educated doctor who traveled to Africa and other counties to help those who needed medical care even if they couldn't afford it. But when they first heard that Sky was hanging out with me, they weren't impressed.

They knew my history, everyone did, and I guess they had a bit of pity on me after my father passed and they half took me in and half left me on the streets. They helped give me some education, and her father is actually the one who found SHIELD for me.

He told me that it was basically, 'An orphanage for unwanted children.' Which, in a way, is true. I wasn't wanted, and I was an orphan. No orphanages would take me, even after the government would force me in one, they would make excuses to kick me out.

Because of my father, everyone thought I was a druggie, or was going to become one. Only a few people believed I wasn't and that was Skyler, our parish father, and all the street druggies who were terrified of me. I mentioned street fighting, well, those scum are who I fought. The people who ruined my father, those are the people I went after.

Skyler's dad found out what I was doing on the streets, and although terrified at how a fourteen year old can take down these out-of-control grown men, he told me that he was proud in a way. Proud that I was trying to do some good for the streets of Hell's Kitchen.

That's all I ever wanted to do.

When I walk in she is already sifting through my closet, discarding clothes all across my floor, I shouldn't of answered the door, I should have just gone out with Matt and fought the mob. I don't really want to wear a dress and heels today, I want to wear combat boots and a catsuit.

After a few moments of tearing apart my room, she gets the bright idea to huff out at me, "Do you own anything colorful?" I give her a look and she quickly turns into a blubbering apologizing mess, "I forgot! I'm sorry! Jesus Christ that was insensitive!" God, I'm colorblind, not made of glass.

I sigh and lean against the wall, crossing my arms and praying that this night ends quicker then it is starting, "I buy monochrome colors because I can at least distinguish what will match then, but I do have a few reds somewhere."

She nods her head quickly, going back searching, and pulls out a few dresses that she bought me back in college- which I never wore.

She lays them out and gives me a excited look, gesturing me to try them on. I let out an exasperated sigh and motion for her to turn around. This. This whole dressing up to go out is why I don't go out. Also because in several gang groups I have a bounty on my head and I don't like getting blood on my good clothes.