⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠑⠛

FUCK I FORGOT TO TITLE THE CHAPTER! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Chapter 57

He slams me up against the alleyway wall, putting a restricting arm over my neck cutting off my air supply, "Now you are going to tell me why Rosa Acosta's name keeps popping up every time I ask about Savior."

Shit.

Rosa is like my grandmother. She was always listening, waiting, giving me advice and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She's raised a daughter and son all on her own after her husband died to gang on gang violence— wasn't a good time to get caught in the middle of the two main Hispanic cartels getting it on. She's working so hard on getting a citizenship and is just barely surviving by running her shop under Maria's name. This must have to do with Exavier Ortiz (Rosa's deceased husband) and his shady business deals.

"I don't know," I sputter out and I notice the tick in his jaw tighten, along with his grip on my shoulder, "I don't! I swear! ¡Lo juro! ¡No se nada! ¡Jesucristo!" (I swear! I know nothing! Jesus Christ!)

He tilts his head and stares deeply at me, which is just making me more mad because HELLO I'M SUFFOCATING HERE! Maybe you can judge my morals when you are not choking me out! He continues to glare at me, the tick in his jaw never leaving, but he slowly pulls his arm back from my throat. I take a few deep breaths, wanting nothing more then to curse him out, but I don't have the energy at this current moment.

"Tell me everything you know about Rosa." He demands, the threat of my ability to breath still lingering in the air.

I take a few more quick breaths, preparing for another one of his outbursts, "She is just a woman, a good woman. She would never hurt a fucking fly!"

His grip on my shoulder tightens, "Then why are you lying?"

I furrow my eyebrows in deep confusion, am I lying? Or am I just fucking terrified because you were on the verge of causing me to pass out? I catch my tongue before I snap at him, not the time. "She's an old woman, her husband died before I was even born, what do you expect me to know? It's not like I grew up in their house."

"What was her husband's name?" He says more callously and I wrinkle my nose in disgust at the entire situation. These are my friends, the only people I actually give a shit about, and their lives are in danger because of some psychotic English bitch? And this asshole has me pinned against some nasty-ass alleyway wall demanding answers from me about my friends' mother? This motherfucker better watch himself.

"Antonio Banderas." I say with complete seriousness and he opens his mouths to ask another question, but cuts himself short after realizing my bullshit. I can't help but let out a stifled laugh at my own joke and grin up at the blind Devil.

The joke, however, doesn't get me far because soon his arm is back up restricting my throat and the tick in his jaw returns, "I'm not playing your games anymore." I reach up and scratch at his arm, attempting to try and get him to loosen the pressure he is putting on my neck. I know for a fact I can hold my breath for up to five minutes, so I'm not even lightheaded but it is still painful; and I know he is not going to make this easy for me... at all.

He lightly scoffs at my attempt and leans in closer to my face, "I read your file, Ember, I know how you work."

I bare my teeth and attempt to snap back at him, "You don't--" My voice cuts itself off and I realize what he just did. He knew I was holding my breath... that son-of-a-bitch.

It's his turn to let a wicked smile spread across his lips, "I don't... what, Ember?"

My stomach flips when I hear him say my name for the second time and I begin to full on tremble for a second, god he sounds just like Fabian. He sounds just like him, he is acting just like him as well---slamming me against walls, threatening me, demanding answers... he is just like my father.