⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠃⠛

Chapter 27

I wake up, and look at my alarm clock that has 4:00 AM written across the screen and I mentally groan, not to wake up the gentle giant sleeping soundly behind me.

Exactly 3 hours of sleep... my fucking body...

I slip off the bed and walk around to the other side, fishing Matt's phone out of the pile of clothes on the ground. He said Foggy knows... he would probably want to know about Matt- that he's alive.

Shit!

I move out of the bedroom, not making a single noise as I move to the window facing outside- I forgot to give him a concussion test! Goddamnit Ember, you dumbass.

I go into his phone and scroll through his contacts before finding Foggy's number, it is four in the morning... not even God is awake at these hours of the morning.

I drum my fingers against my window before deciding to call him, the worse thing that can happen is that he doesn't pick up and that I leave a message.

After a few rings a groggy voice picks up, "Matt? Did you fall down the stairs again?" I can't help but laugh slightly, catching the other attorney off guard, "No, that's a woman's laugh I hear, who might you be? Sneaking through my best friends phone at these ungodly hours."

"It's Ember, Matt was laying half dead on my couch when I came home." I inform him, listening intently to the other room, making sure that he doesn't wake.

"What? Jesus! And he didn't bother to call me? Instead stopped into his vigilante girlfriends apartment," I roll my eyes at his comment but he continues, "I need to talk to you about your intentions with Matthew, missy."

I half cross my arms and lean my back against the cool glass, "He mentioned something about you being bad at stitches, and I'm not a vigilante and definitely not his girlfriend, despite your conspiracy theories about me."

He lets out a tired sigh, "Is he okay? You helped him out, right?"

"Yeah, he's doing better. The bleeding subsided a bit overnight, but it's pretty bad. And he might have an concussion... I forgot to check." I sigh the last part and I can pick up a bit of confusion.

"Forgot to check him for a concussion? How does that happen? You suck at being a doctor." He states the last part rather bluntly, making me laugh softly again, suppressing it so Matt doesn't wake up.

"I was... offset. I'm going to check on him in the morning, basically me calling you was to inform you that he isn't dead." I close my eyes slightly, my mind exhausted but my body feels as fine as it can at the moment.

"Is there anyway I can check up on him? Tell him he's an idiot, because, you know, he is."

I chew on my lip slightly, "Yeah... just make sure Matt doesn't kill me when you show up."

"Again, pretty sure you can carry yourself rather well. You are a woman with a questionable character who dresses like... like they are about to get into a very... uh civilized a-and well conducted... fight." He stumbles over his words but still utterly throws himself under a bus.

"Hm, noted. I'll text you my address, but please, make your random appearances at my house less frequent then the bleeding idiot on my bed." I scoff quietly, and he makes a surprised noise.

"So it's to your house where he sneaks off to... those intentions missy, I am a lawyer." He threatens jokingly.

I laugh a bit confused, "What does that have anything to do with you threatening me?"